• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Haven't been that weight since I was 11 !!

grom

Slim for 2009
Have just calculated what my 'healthy' weight bmi should be - what a shock!!

According to the figures I should be 11 st - I haven't been that weight since I was 11!!

SURELY I can't lose that much weight???

Am I destined to be defined as 'overweight' forever??

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Hi Grom....you can do it!!! Dont look at it as you have 11 stone to loose, just take it 1 stone at a time, you will be pleasantly surprised if you do.
I had 12 stone 7 to loose, but now I only have 8 stone 5lb ish....

Hi Grom,

I would not get caught up on the BMI as it is only a guideline and is not exactly accurate.

Focus on getting your weight down to a level where you are comfortable and healthy...

Thinking so far down the road is putting too much pressure on yourself just now, it is best to set mini goals and award yourself non food treats as you achieve each one as this will help motivate you and build self-esteem.

With each stone you lose your confidence will grow as you feel more active and healthier..this is what counts.

Love Mini xxx

To be honest I don't think I would feel right being so slim! I was just intrigued to see how the bmi figures panned out! I was thinking I would probably be happy around 15 st which sounds a lot but actually sits ok on my frame - but will see when (NOT IF) I get there!
:smiley1842::smiley1842::26::26::26:

Brilliant. i need to lose at least ten stone. which almost feels impossible, putting it into a stone at a time makes sense, i know i can lose one stone so i just have to lose one stone ten times. reading this back it looks mad, but i suddenly feel that it is possible...:):)

That's the spirit! I will do the same! As long as it's not the SAME stone I lose ten times!!

If i went by my bmi i should be 7.5 stone for my 4ft 10inches. I have set my goal at around 10 stone that takes my BMi to just under 30 which is half of what it was. I look at any loss as being benificial to my health and if i get to 10 stone great below a bonus but evey lb a step in the right direction.
I dont think i have ever been 7.5 stone think i went from 7 to 8 stone overnight when i was 10.
I have gone from 21stone 12 lbs to 16 stone 12lbs. so it makes it all feel more doable.
HC

aw bless - you would look soooooooooo tiny!!
Well done on weight loss so far - that's fab!!

Hi Grom,
Shocking that whole BMI index isn't it! I should be 8 and a half stone according to my BMI but I got down to 9st 2 on a diet a few years ago and some people worried that I was losing too much weight! You can't win either way! Seriously though, like so many people have said take it one step at a time. I personally take it a pound at a time. You will know when you've reaches a sensible weight for you, so don't worry too much about the BMI now.

Thanks Sara and well done on fab weight loss! Am just so excited about doing this - I can't wait for my op!!

Any time. I know that feeling! It will be here before you know it and you will be joining me and many others on the losing side.
Just had a peek at your pics - what an amazing difference!! You look great. I must remember to get some honest pics taken before my op!!

Oh, thanks Grom. Yes, although it seems horrible having photos taken now it will show the difference later. I even have some private photos of me in a bikini taken so that I can see the "flab" shrink. Not available for public viewing though understandably lol! It's great to see the difference though. So have you got a date for your operation?

Hiya
I have a consultation on saturday and they have said they have free dates in early jan, so all being well it won't be too long off!

Hi Grom. I know how you feel about the 'ideal' weight being one you can't even remember. As a life-long fat girl (from 7 years on) my BMI directed goal of 11 stone seems impossible. However, my own 'real goal' is to be in the overweight BMI range (25-30) instead of the morbidly obese one I started in. That would make my personal goal 185lbs or just over 13 stone.

Also, remember that BMI does not consider your bone mass. I am big boned, I have big feet & hands and broad shoulders where my sis that is the same size as me wears 2 ring sizes smaller and 2-3 shoe sizes smaller than me because she is small boned like my mom. When I weighed less than my sis for about 5 minutes I still looked bigger because of my bone structure. I know that my 'ideal weight' is too thin for my frame so we shall see!

Hiya Grom :wavey:
I totally know and understand what you mean about the ideal weight too. I am like phatgirl, my first goal is to get into the 'overweight' catogrey rather than the 'morbidley obese', but I am just going to take it one bit at a time.
Good luck when you go on sat for your consultation!! :)
Xxx Lizzie xxX

I should be 10st 7lbs for my height. Which means I'd have to loose 8st 1lb. I dont think id look right at that weight either. I'd look unhealthily thin because of my wide frame. I think I'll take it a stone at a time and see what weight I feel most confortable at. congrats on your weight loss so far. You can do it. R x

Thanks everyone - glad it's not just me! I just want to be light enough to ride a horse again!!
I have just re read my letter about my appoinment and it says nurse wants to tgake a 'fasting' blood sample!! OMG - my appointment isn't till 5pm - talk about in at the deep end!!!!

Back