• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Having a bit of a panic?

Pinkfluffyemma

It's been 6 weeks since my last fill and I finally feel like I know it's there and weight coming off at a pound or 2 a week:) however woke up yesterday and it's so tight I can hardly eat! Everything I tried yesterday gave me real discomfort even soup and as I type I have a mouth full of juice currently gurgling in the back of my throat! Can anyone give me any advice?? I'm otherwise well no colds or anything! Thanks xx

give it a few days you may be coming down with something you don't know bout yet, stay on liquids if in a day or so it still same speak to your provider , might be worth trying a bit of fizzy incase you have a blockage you didn't know was there

Try clear liquids, water or weak squash and see if you can drink that ok - if you can, take a day or so on clear liquids, but if you cannot even get those to go down, then you need to contact your provider ASAP!

Do not leave it a few days. A band can tighten when you're ill, it can tighten on its own through the month (often changes at time of the month for example), and if you can't eat food, its ok to go back to liquids to see if it will settle, clear liquids if necessary as long as they are going down but if you can't drink fluids and if they will not pass through, it is IMPORTANT that you contact your provider quite urgently.

Thanks girls water going down but not comfortably so off to see my provider! I've been doing so well just hope this doesn't set me back!! I'm a slow loser but really felt I was getting somewhere restriction wise and for this to happen 6 weeks after fill is really disappointing xx

i think you're doing the best thing. I battled for four weeks with over restriction and it was awful. I had 2mls taken out which is so frustrating because I'd had no restriction up to 11mls, went up to 12 and then had too much, the less I could eat, the mire pain, the more swelling, the tighter the band became. I could hardly even swallow my saliva in the last few days.

It feels like a step back, but if you continue to make good choices there's no reason it should set you back, but believe me ongoing over restriction is not fun and can lead to serious complications with the band and that isn't worth if either.

glad your feeling better TK its defs true about your band feeling tighter when your monthly visitor arrives past couple of days ive really felt mine! x

I'm so glad that you went and that you feel better, I have been on 7 days milk and water after my defill to allow swelling and inflammation to go down - did they advise you of liquids or mash or are you straight back to normal foods?

glad your feeling better TK its defs true about your band feeling tighter when your monthly visitor arrives past couple of days ive really felt mine! x

It does for a lot of people, this is another reason why after a fill it can be good to leave it for a month so you get to know whether you are actually too tight. Because it can vary so much, and don't worry if you need to return to liquids for a couple of days if things are difficult, it's better than trying to force good in that won't go down.

Back