• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Having problems

didi

Nothing anyone can do to help but needed to let off steam
Off work at the moment which just isn't me. My old weight loss surgery is faulty and I need revision to a bypass which I was patiently waiting for but since last week I can't tolerate anything solid, terrible pain and sickness and got bleeding down there somewhere as old dark bloody stuff comes back up. Really panicked on Tuesday night as I live alone and the sickness just wouldn't stop. Finally sat up all night and things settled down. Got to see GP yesterday who is gong to fax urgently to surgeon to try and get me in asap. Now very tired, Hb levels low so might have been bleeding for a while and not known about it. Living on liquids and keeping fingers crossed for a quick date or remission so that I can eat something solid to give me stamina to go back to work.
I haven't had this kind of trouble much before, just food getting stuck and coming back but the blood - URGH fright of my life.
Maybe my body is telling me I DO need this op after all - was not really sure I needed it but now I've no doubt at all that things are in need of improvement.

Got that out of my system - thanks

Oh thats awful, :fingerscrossed: you get good news from the doctor regarding your op and it all happenes ASAP

Good luck
Kate x

Sounds to me like you should be in hospital being looked at right now not posting on here, it sounds awful.

I hope they get it sorted asap and things improve for you fast.

xxx

Oh my goodness you poor thing!

How low is your HB? When will you hear anything?

To be honest, if that was me, I would self present to A&E...

Good luck, let us know how you get on

R xx

hi hunney

Can I ask what surgery you had previously and what is the problem with it. I have had 2 weight loss surgeries. The first was the traditional 'stomache stapling' which went wrong and I spent 10 years suffering big time and was n't able to eat solid foods in that time. I had a revision to a gastric bypass, plus the mess that was there sorted out and now my stomache is working normaly.

I hope you get this problem sorted out soon and start to feel better.

Alia

GP said if it recurs whilst on liquids he will get me admitted acutely but no guarantee they would do bypass any sooner. As blood isn't bright red (fresh) it's not bad enough to worry him too much as he knows all about my problems. Just got to treat the old broken pouch with lots of TLC until I get a date - certainly won't have to worry about going on a pre-op diet as I'm not eating anything anyway!
:sigh:
Thanks for you support

Oh my goodness you poor thing!

How low is your HB? When will you hear anything?

To be honest, if that was me, I would self present to A&E...

Good luck, let us know how you get on

R xx

Got to agree with RJ - I would be presenting at A&E. Any kind of gastric bleeding should (surely?) be looked at as a matter of urgency.

Lx

Hi Alia

I had a 'vertical banded gastroplasty' over 12 years ago - basically stomach stapling. Had problems after about a year when outlet from pouch started to block with scar tissue. 3 attempts to stretch opening didn't really work - lost to follow up and guess what? I ate what would go down and put loads of weight back on. Had got down to 16 st and now back up to 22. Pouch has stretched to 3-4 times size it should be as food backs up with no where to go and finally has forced a way out through staple line. So basically my insides are in a mess. Mr Dexter said only thing he can do is reduce size of pouch, tighten up valve at top of pouch (which has also stretched through lots of sickness) and convert to a bypass. Hopes to do it keyhole but can't promise as I've had lots of surgery with the associated scar tissue build up. Presume things are rapidly getting worse down there (Suffered with really bad reflux and gastritis for 2-3 years) which I suppose has weakened the little blood vessels down there?!?!?

So it's a complicated story and I'm fed up with it all now, just want to get things sorted.

Thanks for asking

Got to have Hb checked next week as came back from pre-op as a bit low. Pain has subsided but not gone - on liquids and staying that way until pain has gone completely. No more sickness so hope it settles soon.

Sounds like you're having a real bad time at the moment,I do help thing start to improve for you soon, Take care of yourself

hi this is the first time i have been on this forum . i have read your problem it sound very bad i have been in hospital my selef 6 weeks a go with my stumach i had stapling 25 years ago. i lost all my wieght and felt great then after 10 years my legs began to swell i was told i have lympodema and i could not move very well the wieght started to creep back and then i was told i had arthritus in both knees and feet i was in great pain so i did even less my wieght whent on and on untill i was rushed in to hospital and was told i have 2 hernias when thay found out my wieght and told me i nearly died of shock i was 32 stone and i am only 5foot 3 tall i have got to lose 16 stone befor thay will look at me for an operation the best thing is i was told to just get on with it no help nothing so i put my self on a diet and have so far lost 3 stone this is a great place to see you are not alone

hi this is the first time i have been on this forum . i have read your problem it sound very bad i have been in hospital my selef 6 weeks a go with my stumach i had stapling 25 years ago. i lost all my wieght and felt great then after 10 years my legs began to swell i was told i have lympodema and i could not move very well the wieght started to creep back and then i was told i had arthritus in both knees and feet i was in great pain so i did even less my wieght whent on and on untill i was rushed in to hospital and was told i have 2 hernias when thay found out my wieght and told me i nearly died of shock i was 32 stone and i am only 5foot 3 tall i have got to lose 16 stone befor thay will look at me for an operation the best thing is i was told to just get on with it no help nothing so i put my self on a diet and have so far lost 3 stone this is a great place to see you are not alone

Louise...that's awful for them to just set you adrift to sort youself out, but very well done on losing 3 stones already. Have you thought of doing the Cambridge Diet?

welcome to Minis btw :welcome:

thank you

thank you for being there to listern i have tryed the cambridge diet meny years ago i have tryed every diet at least once but find that counting calories is the best way that and portion control . i have just got a plate that has all the portions mapped out on it and it says in the booklet that if you follow the programe your calories are counted for you and you dont have to stop and weigh every thing you eat as it does get tedious at times . i still have my staples and i can not eat some things at the moment becouse of the hurnias like salard i tryed the other day and was sick for 3days befor the hurnia whent back in

Hi Linda, sorry to hear you are going through this. I feel annoyed that your gp has'nt sent you straight in to the hospital where you had your surgery/ or having your next op. I do hope you get a response from the surgical team soon even if just to scan you and find out whats going on. Good luck to you sweetheart and I really hope you get it sorted sooner rather than laterxx

Yes I too would have thought that the GP would have sent you straight to A&E...If this persists I would just go to A&E anyway.

I sure hope you get this sorted very soon.

(((hugs)))

Hi all you wonderful peeps out there.

I'm much better today, thanks for all your kind replies - no more sickness but then again not eaten anything solid for 2 days so hopefully it's healing up.

Going to try a little something more solid - making some soup later - and just hoping this will go down. Need to be back at work on Monday come hell or high water.

Emailed waiting list lady and she replied to say she is looking out for new instructions from Consultant to move me up the list but they are really struggling with lack of theatre space due to increase in cancer patients (This is the consultants main line of business) so may just have to stay on mush til I get my date. At least I won't have to worry too much about a pre-op diet if I can't eat anyway!!

Lyn

Back