• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Post Surgery Depression

Good luck hun

Hi All, just an update, its been a batter week and feeling quite upbeat, despite not being successful in my job interview :-(. Though that said I have another interview in two weeks, fingers crossed!
My bloods were taken, nothing is lacking. My GP has increased my anti-depressant dosage and put in an 8 week plan for me as well. I have also been eating slightly better. And I have a date for my endoscopy (1 feb). I have been getting out more as well and generally feeling better. Going for a 5 Mile walk with friends on Sunday which will also help.
Finally the pounds are still coming off, lost 3 so far this week.
So I am getting there guys, still have downers but generally my outlook is improving. Thanks again for all the support xxx

Glad things are improving for you Ryan. Are you going to the Heartlands support group on Weds? It would be lovely to see you.

Just an update, I didn't get the job unfortunately, though I had excellent feedback . Despite this I have to say the past two weeks have been a lot better. Wether it's the new meds or just me, I've been feeling pretty up beat and active. Getting up smiling, exercising and facing the day head on. I even did a 4.5mile walk on the weekend! Which four months a go would be unimaginable!
Support and friendship has come in abundance for which I am truly grateful! And all I can say to those on a low, take in the support, embrace those around you as it truly makes a positive impact!
Thanks all

Another update, reckon my pills have kicked in 'cause I feel fantastic! Energetic, happy, positive and ...
It's been a great week for weight loss for me this week. Have lost 7.7 pound since Monday. Really great week and I've been eating better! I put a lot of it down to last Sunday's walk, my other exercising and my increase in fluids. I'm a very happy man this morning. My official weight is now 20.89 stone, 4 months a go I started at 28.2. Whoop!

Fab stuff Ryan....are you managing foods better these days????

Fab stuff Ryan....are you managing foods better these days????

better ish, still focus mainly on porridge and cheese, but definite improvement, even managed half a sausage the other day. trying slowly slowly

That's great news, I'd say it is the increase in your meds that has helped. I had found in last month or so my mood had been very up and down, and it was not until I had a 12 week hospital check up that the doc said your not absorbing your meds fully I'm going to tell your gp to double them. Well done the trip and back to happy girl !

Back