• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I so need a kick in the a**e

A fair point SS and probably better than mine. I think though that normal eaters have a bit of a snack.....but then again, none of us would be here if we were normal eaters I guess.

Yeah your right, and what i wasn't trying to say was that you shouldn't stop allowing yourself the odd treat from time to time, in fact treating yourself is something i've always advocated to on my journey, but the decision to treat yourself is a conscience decision or a choice, emotional eating is something that sneaks up on you and before you know it you've eaten a packet of biscuits !

I still emotional eat and i know i do it, but because i'm a bypasser i can get away with it a bit better, but its still something i know i do and i'm still trying to over come it even now.

There's many things you can do to make you stop when you do reach for the goodies, packing the bad foods away in a high place that you have to work at to reach may make you stop and think, or labelling up the bad foods with pictures of yourself fat is another idea, it all stops you for a second and makes you think "do i really want that" - the simplest way is to just not have that sort of food in the house.

Thank you all for the great advice.Last night was a particularly bad one. I have over the past weeks been able to stop snacking . If I felt like something I'd have a drink, or brush my teeth ( then I wouldn't want to eat) crazy I know but it worked.

I have to say its one of the hardest parts of the whole process , especially if I'm feeling down . However I went into to this with my eyes open so have to work really hard at it.

Reading everybody successful stories on here is great.

Like I said at the beginning I just needed that kick in the butt.

So thanks guys for that.

:hug99::hug99::hug99:

Hi LF sorry cant offer you and advice but the advice u have already been given is fab.
All i want to say is that ur not a failure at all so pls dont be so hard on urself.
Am sure after ur 3rd fill the grazing wont be so much of a prob for you.
(((((big hugs ))) and remember when ur having a hard time then their is always someone around for a chat so u r not alone.
Take care and have a good day xxx

im a year post op now i still graze sometimes in evening the only way round it iv found is to graze on something that is hard i buy low fat hard cheese and have 2 crackers with it on i cant eat anymore then banding as liz said isnt great for grazers but for those that have it its working out other ways to deal with it for me choosing snacks that dont slide , its very easy to slip into old habbits im still fighting them at times and if i eat what i shouldnt i make sure i do extra time on wii fit .

Hi LF,

Yesterday I had my 3rd fill, and it has made alot of difference!

I have only lost 1st 8lbs since the band pre-op diet...I was banded on the 20th June- I was still very hungry, with no restriction until yesterday.

I bought an ice lolly making kit and make them up with sugarfee squash, plain yougurt with sweetner, muller yogurts, diet coke (helps with my coke craving.... These are good to have if i get hit with the munchies, and helps with getting the fluids in too!

You have done a marvellous job with your weightlosses and should be proud of your achievements. :)

im a year post op now i still graze sometimes in evening the only way round it iv found is to graze on something that is hard i buy low fat hard cheese and have 2 crackers with it on i cant eat anymore then banding as liz said isnt great for grazers but for those that have it its working out other ways to deal with it for me choosing snacks that dont slide , its very easy to slip into old habbits im still fighting them at times and if i eat what i shouldnt i make sure i do extra time on wii fit .

Thanks for that Serenity.Glad to know I'm not the only one who slips.

Your weight loss is fab.Hopefully I can do as well as you

Hi LF,

Yesterday I had my 3rd fill, and it has made alot of difference!

I have only lost 1st 8lbs since the band pre-op diet...I was banded on the 20th June- I was still very hungry, with no restriction until yesterday.

I bought an ice lolly making kit and make them up with sugarfee squash, plain yougurt with sweetner, muller yogurts, diet coke (helps with my coke craving.... These are good to have if i get hit with the munchies, and helps with getting the fluids in too!

You have done a marvellous job with your weightlosses and should be proud of your achievements. :)

Coralie, I'm glad to hear you have good restriction with the 3rd fill . I can't wait for mine ( 19th Sept was the earliest I could get).Its disheartening for me to have done well so far and then to fall back to old bad habits.

Roll on the 19th.

I too am struggling with my weight loss following banding in Feb 2009. Did really well initially but havne't lost anything for about 2 months. Have had one fill so far and at times feel I have good restriction where I can only eat a small amount of a certain food before feeling full other times I can eat as much of the same thing as I like with no problem at all. I only have a small band so not sure how many fills I can actually have - will be seeing dietician soon so maybe after another fill I'll get back on track.

Thank you all for the support.

I've had a much better day today , no grazing at all.

All of your comments rang so true to me, made me realize that this is for life and I have to change bad habits.

Feeling much more positive
:hug99::hug99:

Well done you. This really isnt an easy journey but when you get your head in the right place it becomes a lot more pleasent.
good luck on the rest of your journey im sure you will do well.

Back