• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Headaches after Gastric Bypass

BeckiP

Hi everyone

I had my surgery last week and today I've started experiencing a strange headache.

When I top my head forward - the front left side of my head aches but then stops as soon as it started. Has anyone else experienced this and know how to get rid? This morning I put it down to not having enough fluid so today I've been trying to get down water as much as possible. But I struggle to eat the 6 small portions as well as the fluid with the time you're meant to leave between. It really is quite the chore to think about!

If not I'll ring the hosp tomorrow!

Thanks in advanced

Xx

B

Hi - it really is a struggle isn't it. With me it was dehydration - I found ice cubes and home-made lollies helped. I think it would be good idea to contact the hospital just to check.

I had headaches plus numbness and tingling hands which turned out to be vit b1 (Thiamin) deficiency. I thought it was not drinking enough but couldn't shift it even when I upped the fluid. If in doubt ring yr team.

Back