• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Healing time

Fizzpot

Hey everyone , just wondering how long it took you to feel a bit normal again? I've just had a band fitted. Can't seem to drink much either and usually I'm a right guzzle guts xx

Kay1962 said:
Hi fizz
When did you have your band. I start the milk diet on Sunday am also with mr super.

Hey I had it done on Wednesday :) when are you having yours? Xx

Finally ive caught up with you Fizz...lol

I was so lost -wondering if you had the band or not, as one post confuzzled me!

Anyways, your done, how was it? Was it longer than you expected?....Any bad pain? x

Hi Fizzpot

I think its safe to say you will no longer me a guzzler, more of a sipper - pinkie in the air lol

Seriously though its important to keep your fluids up so keep on sipping!

Everyone is different post op. I had my band on a Saturday, home on Sunday and was back at work feeling pretty much ok the following Monday (not the next day!)

Take care xx

Hey fizz I have mine on the 6th may. I am getting a bit nervous but at the same time can't wait. This site has helped me so much cause I heard so many bad stories but feel better now.

I'm good thanks, finally getting excited, getting my last few bits organised, making my soups, checking my bag, getting in a weeks shopping for the OH and my daughter. etc

Bluebutterflier said:
Finally ive caught up with you Fizz...lol

I was so lost -wondering if you had the band or not, as one post confuzzled me!

Anyways, your done, how was it? Was it longer than you expected?....Any bad pain? x

Went in at two and got woke up at three :)
I'm not going to lie it doesn't tickle and the past couple of days have been uncomfortable and can't stop burping :) very ladylike haha but I'm feeling a little more human today so fingers CRossed It gets better xxx

Mazza said:
Hi Fizzpot

I think its safe to say you will no longer me a guzzler, more of a sipper - pinkie in the air lol

Seriously though its important to keep your fluids up so keep on sipping!

Everyone is different post op. I had my band on a Saturday, home on Sunday and was back at work feeling pretty much ok the following Monday (not the next day!)

Take care xx

Thanks Mazza I'm feeling a lot better today , still not completely comfortable but hey it's a start, I made it priority to have a coffee first, now I'm having a mini yoghurt and poured some squash! So I'm gonna push myself to have more fluids today.

Thanks xxx

Kay1962 said:
Hey fizz I have mine on the 6th may. I am getting a bit nervous but at the same time can't wait. This site has helped me so much cause I heard so many bad stories but feel better now.

It will be here before you know it :). This site is amazing everyone is so lovely and genuine. If you need any support this is the place to be :) where you having your op? Xxx

Yvessa said:
I'm good thanks, finally getting excited, getting my last few bits organised, making my soups, checking my bag, getting in a weeks shopping for the OH and my daughter. etc

Your very organised !! I left my bag until the day I was going in lol im crap! My boyfriend bought shopping home yesterday and some crusty cobs were sitting on top of the counter. Sounds pathetic but I wanted to cry ! And the fact he bought chippy chips home too! that's the old me - the new me is going to enjoy cup a soups :D x

See I don't know what's going on with me - I'm not normally this organised. I'm not normally a tidy upper. And I don't normally feel a need to make soup. After all the ones in tins are normally just fine. I think I am seriously nesting! It is a very bizzarre feeling!

You'll be thanking yourself when you come home and you just have to lift little pots out of the freezer not worry about what you guna have to day or tomorrow. Honestly it will be a blessing you have done that, my hubby and daughter did all my food the first 2 weeks so i know how greatful i was for that so its a blessing cause you will ahve enough going through your head with out worrying bout cooking and making stuff. Nothing wrong with nesting xxx

Went in at two and got woke up at three :)
I'm not going to lie it doesn't tickle and the past couple of days have been uncomfortable and can't stop burping :) very ladylike haha but I'm feeling a little more human today so fingers CRossed It gets better xxx

Oh shall we call you Miss-burp-a-lot lol....I expected that so dont worry....you havent fightened me at all.

Sounds like you went in and got out fast....how long was it till you woke up....

Bluebutterflier said:
Oh shall we call you Miss-burp-a-lot lol....I expected that so dont worry....you havent fightened me at all.

Sounds like you went in and got out fast....how long was it till you woke up....

Haha got a ring to it! Yeh I think it was quick as the surgery wasn't long. Not long for you now :D x

Haha got a ring to it! Yeh I think it was quick as the surgery wasn't long. Not long for you now :D x

So are you eating things yet.....soups? mashed potatoes....i get confused wth the sloppy foods to mushy foods....as each hospital tells you different timings etc.....

2 more days of this bloody milk for me!....not long behind ya :)

Fizzpot said:
Hey everyone , just wondering how long it took you to feel a bit normal again? I've just had a band fitted. Can't seem to drink much either and usually I'm a right guzzle guts xx

Hello , I used to be a guzzler and have not been since I been banded. You will soon adapt xx

Bluebutterflier said:
So are you eating things yet.....soups? mashed potatoes....i get confused wth the sloppy foods to mushy foods....as each hospital tells you different timings etc.....

2 more days of this bloody milk for me!....not long behind ya :)

I'm having soups propper soups, yoghurt, smoothies, milky coffees milk, to be honest I have no idea what liquids I'm suppose to have but i had a big soup n blitzed a 1/4 of the tin and still had soft buts and never hurt was nice , liquids two weeks mashed/puréed for two weeks after that then normal food for two weeks then my fill , I think you've done really well I couldn't do it for 14days so hat off to you :) xx

Back