• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

heard nothing for ages

Cat57

morning all, im not sure what to do, I haven't heard anything for a couple of months. i had my 1st appointments december last year at Homerton, had bloods, ecg & seminar.. had another appointment and met the surgeon, july had a appointment to see bariatric physio, then I had to go to The Royal london hospital for 2 day appointment in the nuclear medicine dept for stress & rest tests that again was in july but I havent heard nothing since which is now a couple of months ago..
im not sure if i have funding nobody has mentioned this to me, .. when I talk to anyone at homerton they all seem to talk as though i'm having it done, like when I saw the physio I mentioned to him I know nothing is set in stone but what sort of wait is there and he said well if you didn't have to have the stress/relax tests we would be giving u a appointment for beginning of october... I dont like to presume too much (as i dont want to be disappointed) but it sort of sounded quite positive... my friend keeps asking have i heard, when i say no she says phone them, I dont like to pester them for one, I know they are busy, and another reason I haven't got a clue who to speak to. I keep thinking no news is good news, but its not really im just burying my head in the sand, and where im supposed to be losing 10% weight that's going out of the window too.... then im worried when i do go there they will see my weight hasnt changed or might of even gone up ... should I have heard something by now do you think ?
im sorry to be a winge.. think maybe i just need a kick up the butt..xx:confused:

TiaLi

Yes definitely phone or you might end up in the same situation as I did - I sat patiently and waited, thinking I was on the list since the bariatric nurse more or less told me to just sit tight and wait. As it turns out she had forgotten to forward some form. Her incompetence added about a year to my waiting time.

Cat57

Yes definitely phone or you might end up in the same situation as I did - I sat patiently and waited, thinking I was on the list since the bariatric nurse more or less told me to just sit tight and wait. As it turns out she had forgotten to forward some form. Her incompetence added about a year to my waiting time.
oh no really, thats awful. you have had yours done now. how is it going.

Cat57

phoned up 4 times today always busy left information for them to phone back, but didnt, i will phone again monday ...

TiaLi

oh no really, thats awful. you have had yours done now. how is it going.

Yes had my bypass in March (after a LOT of pestering). It's going well I think, 7 stone 9lbs down since surgery, 10 stone down since my highest. Weight loss is now much slower than in the beginning but I guess that's only natural.

Cat57

Yes had my bypass in March (after a LOT of pestering). It's going well I think, 7 stone 9lbs down since surgery, 10 stone down since my highest. Weight loss is now much slower than in the beginning but I guess that's only natural.
omg thats brilliant, i bet your so pleased, if i do anything like that i will be over the moon, well thats if i get accepted .. hopefully I will

Cat57

Yh I called up loads. Homerton also x
phoned a few more times eventually got through to a person, not a voice recording, anyway she went away to speak to someone came back and said my case will be coming up in front of the board very soon phone back in 2 weeks and you should know.. I wasnt sure if this was the yay or ney to if i would have it done or not, so I asked her, and was told its to see if they think im ready for the surgery, so hopefully its yes I can have it done but not sure when, sounds positive & that's good enough for me, :):D;)

jj87

phoned a few more times eventually got through to a person, not a voice recording, anyway she went away to speak to someone came back and said my case will be coming up in front of the board very soon phone back in 2 weeks and you should know.. I wasnt sure if this was the yay or ney to if i would have it done or not, so I asked her, and was told its to see if they think im ready for the surgery, so hopefully its yes I can have it done but not sure when, sounds positive & that's good enough for me, :):D;)
Good times girl. Xx

Cat57

well still no date, spoke to kingsley on 1st december said yes i have been funded should hear about a date 6-8 weeks, phoned again on 22nd dec saying I hadn't heard or recieved a letter confirming anything and was told its still 6-8 wks and they dont send letters they will phone, so eight weeks came and still nothing so i phoned and was told something about administration procedures changed and will hear within 2 weeks, nope 2 weeks have passed, I hate keep calling I know they are busy but so many people have said just keep phoning, I give up. anyone else had this problem should I just wait now to be contacted...:(

Emma1504

Keep calling it is a pain & not something you would normally do but this is important. Be selfish & call them at least once a week!!!

Maria61

well still no date, spoke to kingsley on 1st december said yes i have been funded should hear about a date 6-8 weeks, phoned again on 22nd dec saying I hadn't heard or recieved a letter confirming anything and was told its still 6-8 wks and they dont send letters they will phone, so eight weeks came and still nothing so i phoned and was told something about administration procedures changed and will hear within 2 weeks, nope 2 weeks have passed, I hate keep calling I know they are busy but so many people have said just keep phoning, I give up. anyone else had this problem should I just wait now to be contacted...:(
Ring the PALS office, this is not acceptable

Cat57

hi maria, thank you for the advice, I thought I would give it one more go so phoned this morning ready to be told the same ole same ole, but he came back and mentioned the procedure change again, not knowing what the procedure was before I dont know how it has changed, but he also gave me a date to see the surgeon in march so that was brilliant news for me to hear, he also said that after seeing the surgeon I will receive the liver shrinking diet, i dont know how long after seeing the surgeon this happens I would imagine (hopefully) I should get a date as well,

Maria61

hi maria, thank you for the advice, I thought I would give it one more go so phoned this morning ready to be told the same ole same ole, but he came back and mentioned the procedure change again, not knowing what the procedure was before I dont know how it has changed, but he also gave me a date to see the surgeon in march so that was brilliant news for me to hear, he also said that after seeing the surgeon I will receive the liver shrinking diet, i dont know how long after seeing the surgeon this happens I would imagine (hopefully) I should get a date as well,
Good so pleased for you x

Cat57

thank you maria, how are you finding it now, it's about 5 months since you had yours, over a stone a month loss how good is that, so amazing this weight loss surgery i just wish i had been able to have it done years ago, wasted over half of my life being overweight, my own fault for not doing anything about it.. but hey ho im doing it now and will make the most of it.... are you pleased with the bypass, im still not sure given the choice to have bypass or sleeve, i know someone who had the sleeve and they seem to be doing fine with it, they said with the bypass you get quite a bit of dumping so they said it was called.. if you ate to much, but i reckon that could be a good reminder not to... have you suffered with this.
and you having only 3 stone to get to your goal it must be a great feeling knowing it's doable, other than having 8 or 9 to loose it seems so far away, even more so without surgery, can't wait to be where you are..... xx

Maria61

thank you maria, how are you finding it now, it's about 5 months since you had yours, over a stone a month loss how good is that, so amazing this weight loss surgery i just wish i had been able to have it done years ago, wasted over half of my life being overweight, my own fault for not doing anything about it.. but hey ho im doing it now and will make the most of it.... are you pleased with the bypass, im still not sure given the choice to have bypass or sleeve, i know someone who had the sleeve and they seem to be doing fine with it, they said with the bypass you get quite a bit of dumping so they said it was called.. if you ate to much, but i reckon that could be a good reminder not to... have you suffered with this.
and you having only 3 stone to get to your goal it must be a great feeling knowing it's doable, other than having 8 or 9 to loose it seems so far away, even more so without surgery, can't wait to be where you are..... xx
Hi Cats57 I am very glad I had the bypass but there are weeks when there is no weight loss which is very frustrating and I don’t always feel the restriction as much as I had hoped. It is still hard work but so worth it when I go clothes shopping and also my blood pressure is now normal. My surgeon told me I have given myself more years of life which was fantadtic. I am glad for me that I chose bypass as I have reflux and also a very sweet tooth and I have experienced dumping once only on Christmas Eve from eating a chocolate ice cream sundae which I will never do again. Good luck to you xxxx