• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

heard nothing for ages

Cat57

oh maria I bet its is, and to be told that you have added years to your life has got to be a amazing plus to it all, Oops well def no chocolate sundaes then. xx

Cat57

Hi ya sorry been really busy latley , but though about time to do some catching up on here, How are you doing _victoira_ by the looks of it brilliant -3st lost OMG brilliant... you will have to take some photos along the way. how are you actually finding it, and also are you feeling ok now (i hope so) & Hi Ninakate, well I went and met my surgeon what a absolutely lovely lady I haven't heard of her on here before but she was so nice her name was, Rachel Aguilo, she explained everything ashed me which one either the sleeve or bypass would i want, to be honest I can't actually decide as she said the outcome is the same with both of them, anyway she has provisionally put me down for a bypass, but i think i will opt for the sleeve. so i need o go on the shrinkage diet for 4 weeks and i should be getting a appointment from the dietitian through very soon, she did say it won't be very long now till the op I said do you think next month meaning april ( as my appointment with her was on the 26th march) she said mid may,:woohoo:so hopefully it will be but I know from before how things tend to drag on, so I know it won't be too long but we will see..
How are you getting on Ninakate

Bling Babe

i have my date now... 11th may , so excited
That’s great news so pleased for you, my friend is having a bypass at Homerton on 23rd April xxx

Cat57

Thank you... how u feeling bling, is it going ok? can I ask why you went for a bypass as im really not 100% sure what to have its was sleeve bypass now sleeve I'm not sure !

Bling Babe

Thank you... how u feeling bling, is it going ok? can I ask why you went for a bypass as im really not 100% sure what to have its was sleeve bypass now sleeve I'm not sure !
I’m doing ok thank you, I actually wanted a sleeve mainly because it doesn’t mean your intestines have to be re-plumbed but after Mr Jain done the gastroscopy and found a hernia he adviced on a by pass with a hernia repaired thrown in at the same time, the reason being I already suffered from acid reflux and a sleeve can make that a lot worse, acid reflux is really horrible so I was happy to go along with his suggestion although once he got inside he said the hernia was too small to be repaired after all. Xx

Cat57

ok It was medical reasons really, but turned out for the best, as your doing great... im down for bypass but think i am going to ask for a sleeve when I go up there ...

_Victoria_

Congratulations on getting your date, Cat! That's awesome :D just a month away, that will be here in no time. have they told you how long you have to do your pre op diet for?

Cat57

Thank you,I'm glad to hear your feeling a lot better now must admit im not looking forward to the first bit after the op, but i know its coming and a small price to pay for the end result. when i saw the surgeon said i would be doing it for 4 weeks, i am up homerton tuesday to see the dietician and the guy I spoke to said i will be starting the diet on tuesday too :eek: so that will be just over 3 weeks i will be on it...then up there again on friday for pre op stuff.....

_Victoria_

It's definitely worth it!! And once i got to 5 weeks and could just swallow normal pills again and stuff you really start to feel normal. Everything become routine and it's kinda great. I weighed myself today and i'm down to the next stone!! That's 3 and a half stone in less than 3 months. I can hardly believe it.

Cat57

thats amazing so pleased its all going good for you.... it will be lovely this summer having lost so much weight... have you taken photos and measurements, so you can look back at the difference ... well im day 2 of my milk diet, actually slimfast diet i chose... so far so good enjoying the chocolate shake at the moment, dont know if i will be this time next week....:eek:

sandra overton

It's definitely worth it!! And once i got to 5 weeks and could just swallow normal pills again and stuff you really start to feel normal. Everything become routine and it's kinda great. I weighed myself today and i'm down to the next stone!! That's 3 and a half stone in less than 3 months. I can hardly believe it.
Well done victoria losing all that weight you must be so pleased and in 3 months xx

_Victoria_

i actually didn't take any pictures. i always meant to but kept putting it off because i hate pictures of myself. i did measure myself though. I'm glad you're doing well on the slimfast diet so far :D you're so close now

Irene44

Hi Cat. How are you doing. Did you get your surgery and was it sleeve or bypass

Hope your well :) and on that bench now x