• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Heartlands hospital support thread

Fuffs

Shrinking Big Brummie
Due to no fault of their own, Heartlands on in a pickle since Mr Kumar emigrated with no warning.

I really feel all the people who have been cancelled. I would hate to be in that position.

So this thread is for all people to vent who have been affected by this big mess. We can't go shouting at Heartlands, as for once they had no control over this. But it doesn't mean you can't get it off your chest.

So anyone (even none Heartlands folk who just want to show support and encouragement to the cancelled) come and talk x

Due to no fault of their own, Heartlands on in a pickle since Mr Kumar emigrated with no warning.

I really feel all the people who have been cancelled. I would hate to be in that position.

So this thread is for all people to vent who have been affected by this big mess. We can't go shouting at Heartlands, as for once they had no control over this. But it doesn't mean you can't get it off your chest.

So anyone (even none Heartlands folk who just want to show support and encouragement to the cancelled) come and talk x
well as the 1st cancellation (19th) i am happy to start the ball rolling, cest la vie guys, there are worse things happen to folk, i once caught my husband of 1 year in my/our bed with an ugly woman! now that was a bummer, but pooh happens you just have to deal with it! whilst initially gutted, i am once again calm, and will be ready for them when they are ready for me..... and on the plus side... they have put me on 15oo cals a day \which of course i shall use wisely lol y the way i divorced to b'tard X

kate thomson said:
well as the 1st cancellation (19th) i am happy to start the ball rolling, cest la vie guys, there are worse things happen to folk, i once caught my husband of 1 year in my/our bed with an ugly woman! now that was a bummer, but pooh happens you just have to deal with it! whilst initially gutted, i am once again calm, and will be ready for them when they are ready for me..... and on the plus side... they have put me on 15oo cals a day \which of course i shall use wisely lol y the way i divorced to b'tard X

I shouldn't laugh as it's horrible, but in my mind I thought the fact that she was ugly is what would anger me more too lol. Sorry xxx

You have such a great attitude to this. You are an inspiration chick xxx

thanks, my humour gets me through! it was the ugly that got me!! and i now have the best husband a woman could want, so alls well.... and soon i will have a body to die for..so whats to be upset about! Cathi (future perfect) is a friend we live about 8 miles apart, i may come to the next meeting in Brum to meet you all....if they havent got me in by then

This is a great thread sophie!!!

To all heartlands people...for once, I hope your gain is bigger than your loss!

kate thomson said:
thanks, my humour gets me through! it was the ugly that got me!! and i now have the best husband a woman could want, so alls well.... and soon i will have a body to die for..so whats to be upset about! Cathi (future perfect) is a friend we live about 8 miles apart, i may come to the next meeting in Brum to meet you all....if they havent got me in by then

That is a great ending to the story :D

Cathi is lurvly :) You should defo come along. Would be lovely to meet me xxx

Glad you like the idea Missy xxx

Thanks for the support Yve. I really hope it makes everything better than it would have been for those who have been cancelled and those after them.

Sometimes new surgeons are very keen on the latest ideas. So we should get cutting edge ops lol (every cloud and that lol)

What an excellent gesture good luck to everyone concerned x

cu16 said:
What an excellent gesture good luck to everyone concerned x

Glad you think so. I worried people would think it's Fuffs moaning again lol. Just want to support all those who have been cancelled :)

masher said:
are u having a band ???

Who?

Band patients are not affected by the mess up. Just bypass patients x

I worried people would think it's Fuffs moaning again lol.

shhhh...everyone can see what this thread is meant for xxx

It's a really bum thing to have happened, and the two mentioned people so far affected - Fuffs & Kate - are the last people I'd want to be affected. mrsfarm has also been affected that I know of, and none of them deserve it in the slightest. However - your attitude is to be commended.

I really hope you aren't delayed too long Kate - I want your clothes cast-offs! (she has a great sense of style).

Hugs to all Heartlands 'undone' patients.

MissyMustDoIt said:
shhhh...everyone can see what this thread is meant for xxx

Just paranoid me lol

FuturePerfect said:
It's a really bum thing to have happened, and the two mentioned people so far affected - Fuffs & Kate - are the last people I'd want to be affected. mrsfarm has also been affected that I know of, and none of them deserve it in the slightest. However - your attitude is to be commended.

I really hope you aren't delayed too long Kate - I want your clothes cast-offs! (she has a great sense of style).

Thanks Cathi xxx You are lovely. It means a lot to me xxx

I saw Kate write on another thread that she has been told her 19th Jan op may be 2 months tome now. So I think us 'undone' ones (lol) will have to get comfortable, as we are in it for the long haul :)

I really feel for you that have been affected by this . This is an emotional rollercoaster as it is without this upset . Like you say the hospital itself isn't to blame , but the surgeon in question lacks in compassion .
I hope the new guys are up & running ASAP
Xx

scottiebottie said:
Hi there as u quite rightly said to me to call the co-ordinator as they didnt give me a choice about having a band or bypass (and having looked into this further im sure a bypass is better for me) i was told mr kumar just resigned without any warning on friday... So there training 2 surgeons who do simular operations to do the bypass...and i couldnt get an appointment untill the 21st feb then just this morning at 08.45 i had a call to say that there was an appointment on monday the 30th to see mr nijjar about the bypass and that my funding has been approved !!!! (yippi) for the band.. And if i go ahead for the bypass then the funding would need to be altered but shouldnt be a problem as they have agreed to fund the op the only differance is the £££££ thankd for all your advice xxxxxxxx

Yay!!! Action can work well as you have proven! Congrats!!! Xxx

pandora said:
I really feel for you that have been affected by this . This is an emotional rollercoaster as it is without this upset . Like you say the hospital itself isn't to blame , but the surgeon in question lacks in compassion .
I hope the new guys are up & running ASAP
Xx

Thanks Pandora xxx you are right. I really wonder what made him jump. We may never know x

why thank you miss Cathi, you are too kind. wont be long now before you have the 1st lot! i will keep on the right road, as much as the call of red wine will let me! that extra 500 cals will burn a hole in my will power for sure come the weekend! see you saturday i will text you later x

Back