• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

HELLLPPPPP!!!

laurajlucy

I have a short notice surgery date in 2 weeks!!
Started the milk diet of my own accord today but now I need to quit smoking too. :cry:
I have my Endoscopy on Wednesday and am sooo scared that they will check for nicotine and cancel my op????
Even if i quit tomorrow, it would still show. I am more than prepared to quit but thought I would have long to prepare.
All advice greatly received xxx
Am under SRH, if that helps xx

mine refused unless i gave up , just stop love ,trust me ,its worth it ,,and i really know how hard it is ,i smoked 40 a day,,,make an appointment at gp tomorrow ,ask for help ,i just stopped ,please get some help,i didnt and it was very hard .just incase your surgeons like mine ,even stopping now will help your surgery , good luck love ,thinking of you , i start my liver diet tomorrow to , grhh! terrified! lol xxxxx

Get to your gp asap and ask for Champix,flush your system with water,go walking in the fresh air,sleep with the window open anything to get your lungs clear!The hospital wouldnt of given you such short notice if they were not prepared to operate.Had they asked you to stop a while ago and you didnt manage to?Maz x

Surely if you were on nicotine replacement therapy ie patches or gum, you'd still have nicotine in your blood stream?

Goooood luck Kellie ... double whammie or what. Milk diet & stopping smoking :eek: I don't smoke, never have, but an addicts an addict & I guess we all are. I would take Maz's advice, honey, do all the things she recommends & hope for the best. When I went to see my surgeon he had just refused to put someone on his list because she smoked so different surgeons have different ideas as Jeds did not mind. Fingers crossed for you, lovely xxx :)

Get to your gp asap and ask for Champix,flush your system with water,go walking in the fresh air,sleep with the window open anything to get your lungs clear!The hospital wouldnt of given you such short notice if they were not prepared to operate.Had they asked you to stop a while ago and you didnt manage to?Maz x
Funny enough no one has ever questioned my smoking!! :confused:
BUT, I do WANT to quit and deffo do not want to risk being knocked back at this late stage. I have an appointment with my GP on Tuesday night. I have 40 cigs left, which will be gone due to no eating haha. Fingers crossed he gives me champix there and then and does not refer me to the nurse!
xxx

At sunderland they don't check you for smoking although they will ask at your pre-op assessment it's really best for your healing if you stop as smoking slows down the healing process

Like you I gave up a few weeks before surgery and it is hard.
Go and get the tablets, it will make a small difference.
Think giving up plus exercise is making me feel good at the moment! But the cravings at times are still strong.

Good luck.

No one ever tested me for smoking!

at north tyneside they wont do op if you are still smoking, personally i think this is right why give a possible life saving op on the nhs when smoking is just as bad, but that is my humble opinion; ive been a smoker and i know how hard it is to give up but i also know the benefits of giving up, i personally would rather be overweight than a smoker xxx

Last edited:
happy days said:
I smoked up until I was admitted but told them I hadn't smoked for years. I was at srh

Ooooooo lol

Back