• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

hello all

dragonflyshar

Hello all

I am new here so not sure what to do but here we go, I am 54, female, married, always always yo~yo dieted all my life hence I find myself 25stone. Just got my date for my gastric bypass, any helps tips moans or just general comments would be lovely. My op is 29th March at Derby Royal Hospital

Welcome to the forum, honey :) good luck for your op in March, you will not regret it. Ask anything you want & there will be someone who can answer you :) xxx

welcome dragonflyshar,
i am a pre-opper too. i am hopefully having gastric sleeve surgery on 08th march. my start weight was 24stone and 08lbs and to date i have lost 24lbs.
you will find this site very informative and people are so supportive and friendly.
good luck with your journey
jan xx

hiya and welcome, Good Luck with your op hope u have a quick recovery xx

Welcome aboard. No question is too silly or trivial. Fire away, we have all been in the same boat.
Lynne x

I am after advise ~ my surgery is booked in for 29th March and I am at a family wedding in Ireland for 3 days (22nd to 25th March) that obviously falls on my liver shrinking diet time. I actually phoned the hospital before I booked my trip and was told its ok to go ahead with the trip, just do the diet before and after the wedding (obviously watching what I eat at the wedding, been tea total for a year now so thats ok)

Been to hospital this morning for an appointment with my physiocolgist who is also a dietician at the hospital and she expressed concern about breaking my liver shrinking diet. I do not want to jeopardize my op but i cant weigh and do the diet strictly whilst I am in a hotel ekkkkk

What should I do ? Any experiences of this sort of dilemma.

hellllooooo xxxx

I do not want to jeopardize my op but i cant weigh and do the diet strictly whilst I am in a hotel ekkkkk

What should I do ? Any experiences of this sort of dilemma.

Google the hotel you are staying at to see whether their standard menu will fit in with your pre-op. If you can't confirm this, phone them up. Explain exactly what your menu limitations are. They will accommodate you with a little notice.

Don't risk blowing it all on poor food choices. If all else fails ask for a fridge in the room, and take supplies with you, or buy them when you get there. Slimfast doesn't take much room up in your case.

And welcome to the forum!

Seriously I'm a trainer and we stay in hotels all the time...by planning ahead in I walked to hand the chef my million pints of milk for storage only to see in the end they'd put me a fridge in to make it easier. Hotels are so accommodating if you ask!!!

:welcome:

Welcome n good luck :) x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hi any welcome, I think I might be a bad idea to break ur diet at the risk of not shrinking ur liver enough and not being able to have ur op xxxx

FuturePerfect said:
Google the hotel you are staying at to see whether their standard menu will fit in with your pre-op. If you can't confirm this, phone them up. Explain exactly what your menu limitations are. They will accommodate you with a little notice.

Don't risk blowing it all on poor food choices. If all else fails ask for a fridge in the room, and take supplies with you, or buy them when you get there. Slimfast doesn't take much room up in your case.

And welcome to the forum!

Great advice, I'm sure the hotel will accommodate your needs, they'll deal with allergies and intolerances all the time.

Best of luck, you'll do fabulously! X

Welcome to the site Hun. We are all a pleasant bunch :) good luck with your op.

I would try very hard to stick to the diet with such an important goal it would be negative to break the liver diet as sometimes ops are refused. I found taking prepared food out with me was easy. I weighed things and made up little lunches or dinners in plastic storage boxes. I also have a food flask for any hot foods or weight watcher soups. If you arranged a fridge at the hotel it would also help to store what you have made. I know it sounds such an effort hun but believe me it's all worth it. I'm seven days post op :)
Good luck
Lesley

Welcome to the mad house lol.
Think i wouldring and explain the diet to the head chef and ask for his help, having been a chef if someone took the time to talk to me i would be more than happy to help :)

Back