• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello - eeeeek!

I am driving myself around the bend! I literally can not think of anything other than my appointment. I slept for about two hours last night because I was just thinking about it, and how it may actually just give me a future. I don't know how I am going to get through to Friday. Aggggh.
I do have a bit of a question, how did you guys feel after your appointment? Is there anything that you wish that you had asked but didn't think of at the time?

I honestly felt like it was the first day of the rest of my life!

I had a gastric band put in on 1st October last year so it's been 4 months and I still have questions but when I see my team at the hospital I can't remember any of them! I'm forever calling them and asking things that are probably silly to them but there important to me!

I did a lot of research before my surgery so I didn't have that many questions at my first appointment.

I'm here if you need me!

Xx

Thank you sooo much, it really means a lot. I have been saying all week that It feels like the first day of the rest of my life. I just can’t focus on anything else, it’s a bit silly really, but it is taking up every thought that I have! My husband is a bit worried about how much I have pinned on this, and that if I don’t get the answer that I want, how much it could affect me (I have recurrent depressive disorder and prone to bouts of depression), but I have said to him that as long as they can help me, I won’t be disappointed. If they can’t do anything at all for me, that’s a different story, but surely they have to give me some sort of help? Even if it’s a referral to somewhere else?
You have done amazingly well, how does it feel?
I do have a couple of questions, both a bit silly, but are things that are playing on my mind a bit! Firstly, I am stressing about whether I should wear make up or not!! I am worried that if I wear make up they will think that I am coping and that I don’t need help, but I am worried that if I don’t they will think that I don’t care enough about myself and that I won’t make the effort!
The other one is, do they do any sort of physical examination? I just want to be prepared for if that might happen…
Thank you guys so much x x

Hi,

I had mine done privately so I don't really know much about what they will offer you,I guess it will depend on the condition of your health,from what I've heard they might send you away for 3-6 months and ask you to lose weight to see if you're committed,I do think that's pointless as if we could do that then we wouldn't be overweight but all hospitals are different!
You need to go and be yourself they will know the difference between people looking for a quick fix and people who are in it for the long haul.

My first appointment I was all booked in for surgery so they just did all the health checks like ECG,blood pressure and weight etc.

I've been on anti depressants for a few years but I reduced the dose before my band and am now off them completely but while losing weight has made me considerably happier I am debating going back on them as its a lot of emotion to go through I think so don't be too hard on yourself.

No matter what happens at your appointment don't give up on yourself because you're worth more than that xx

I bet it is!!

They will ask you to follow a liver shrinking diet before the surgery for a few weeks so maybe look in to that so you can be prepared for what they may ask you!

If they know you've done your research they will see you're committed x

Ah that's good, I have been reading about the LSD, and been thinking of ways to implement it. Do you know if they have a specific one to follow, as I see there are quite a few out there.
Are there any sites that you can recommend? I have been doing a lot of research, but really scared I have missed something!
Also, just wondering, what time were you there until? It says to expect to be there all day, which is fine, but just wondered what their definition of all day is!

I was there for about 4 hours I think but I'd had a phone consultation a few days before that lasted 2 hours which I think was to make sure I was in the right frame of mind.
I did a two week liver shrinking diet I did slim fast for one week and then a no fat diet for a week but different hospitals ask you to different diets and they will give you diet sheets to follow.
I wish someone had warned me about the pain after surgery I knew it would be sore but the trapped gas pain you get in your shoulder really is painful!! I was in agony for about 5-7 days but it does ease off!!

X

I watched quite a few diaries on you tube to get some information I went with the bariatric group and they have a good website x

Hi Becky, it was actually last Friday, I can't believe it was a week already! It went really well, they offered me a gastric bypass, with a 3 to 6 month wait.
Thank you for asking x x
How are you doing?

Oh sorry I'm rubbish!!

That's brilliant news and not too long to wait! I bet it feels like forever tho!

I'm feeling a bit rubbish I had my band over filled then defilled so it's a bit sore and I haven't eaten for 3 days!!

Just about to attempt some soup now!!

X

Brilliant news let us know how you get on x

Poor you Becky, that souns horrible x x
And thank you Westie, I think Im going to combust with excitement! GOT to refocus! !

Back