• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello from a 4yr post opper!!

Sambucca

Not been on here for such a very long time... had my WLS in Aug 2009 (gastric bypass)

Went from 20st 11 down to 11st 12, had tummy tuck to remove excess skin and maintained pretty much for 3 years. gained about 1st 10lb over last 12 months but now that is off again thank goodness..

Not sure why, but felt drawn back to the forum tonight for some reason - so here I am. Was a moderator here for a long time. Hope to catch up on everyone's news soon x x

you look great and it's really positive for a newby like me to hear that you managed to do so well over the long term x

Hi sambucca. It's always good to hear from long termers. Congrats on maintaining the weight hun its very heartening to hear that :)

That's fab news Sambucca. I am 2 years post op started at 24st 11lb am now settled at 14st 10. Just trying to keep it that way. I am a size 18. I feel ok at this size. Being skinny was never going to be for me. This is my skinny. I asked the hospital in July if the were happy with my weightloss and the doc and dietician said yes very much so, they think starting so high they would never have expected me to get much lower. My BMI has come down over 20 points and they said that was really good so that's it for me xxx DID THINK I WAS GOING TO BE SLIM AT THE END WHEN I FIRST SET OUT ON THIS JOURNEY but obviously not had to get my head around that its about being comfortable in our skin. If I lost more weight my face would start to look gaunt so I am going to try and stick here fingers crossed. x

How have things changed as you've gotten further out?

Not been on here for such a very long time... had my WLS in Aug 2009 (gastric bypass)

Went from 20st 11 down to 11st 12, had tummy tuck to remove excess skin and maintained pretty much for 3 years. gained about 1st 10lb over last 12 months but now that is off again thank goodness..

Not sure why, but felt drawn back to the forum tonight for some reason - so here I am. Was a moderator here for a long time. Hope to catch up on everyone's news soon x x

I remember you Sam,
I'm 3 years post op now,maintaining is tough now,this is where the real effort starts.
Did you find it hard loosing the gained weight?
Welcome back it's great to hear from a long termer x

Hi sam, im nearly 4 years out (dec09) and remember your name and others that no longer come here. I went from 18 to 10 stone and maintained for a long time but gradually have put on a stone which im trying to shift. It gets harder the longer you are out i think. I can eat anything with no problem and have to be strict and be careful of carbs. Great to hear from an oldie :) how did the tummy tuck go - i got refused :(.

Hey Sam! Belated birthday wishes x

Looking amazing and as ever an inspiration to me and the others and a tower of strength. looking forward to catching up with you soon x

Beck x

Ps.. Update your profile pic! This one don't do u ANY justice at all x

Thanks for the welcome back and its lovely to see there are some of the old friendly faces still here...

I have had a pretty easy ride really. I still have very good restriction but Im not the best at making the right choices - and I do enjoy a glass of wine or three!!

Once I finally took action to get rid of my regain, which wasnt huge to begin with, I found it fairly easy. Will see if I can remember how to change my profile pic :)

Hi, your post is very encouraging. So often I've heard about people gaining back the weight they lost... The fact that you were able to maintain gives me great hope. Thanks for posting, and welcome back. X

Its so nice to have long termers back on here, its the encouragement we all need from time to time just to know it is going to be all right and yes it will be a struggle but hasn't it always been, but better struggling at this weight then at the one we started out at. I think everyone has the odd problem some people have big problems and some don't. Everyones journey is personal and unique to their body but its great to hear other peoples views make syou feel very humble and fortunate to be out the otherside and doing well. xx

Back