• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello from Norwich

Eamonn

Hello People, I've been lurking for a while now, and thought its about time i said Hello...
well introduce myself, I'm 50 Married 20 years this June, I've always been a big fella, but after a car accident back in 94 (back damage) and being diagnosed with RA shortly afterwards,(I became much less active) then diabetes about 4 years ago and insulin about 2 years ago my weight has ballooned, about 18 months ago i had indigestion but as my mum had had a heart attack 6 months earlier my wife panicked and had me down to the local A&E PDQ, Where they said I'd not had a heart attack but was a prime candidate for one and put me on drugs to try and avoid it.
Currently on 18 tablets a day for RA Diabetes, blood pressure, heart etc and 200 units of insulin (6 injections a day). my diabetic consultant suggested a By/pass as it would improve my Diabetes and other complaints, hence my referral to Charing Cross The op is scheduled for this coming Saturday.

As i said earlier I'm married 20 years this June no kids, but 3 dogs, 2 bearded dragons and a corn snake, we enjoy foreign holidays, with Tenerife and the USA being my favorite destinations. my hobbies include Drag racing and all motor sport,Nascar Touring car F1... going to car shows American/ British/Hot Rods Customs, films, reading, relaxing in the Hot Tub, cycling well tricycling, i got 3 wheels on mine lol balance ain't great either lol.
i also drive a Chevy Silverado SS (6 Ltr supercharged Pick-up truck), and a Peugeot 1007 both Black and either end of the automotive scale, oh and i'm looking for a Triumph Stag at the moment much to my wifes annoyance she reckons men don't get older their toys just get more expensive ;) gotta have a hobby lol

I work for the RAC in their motor insurance department in Retention, sales and customer service,and actually like my job, i work with a Great bunch of people. well thats about it sorry I've rambled on for so long, looking forward to my Op and a healthier life...

:)Welcome Eamonn:)

This is a great forum for all stages of WLS
hope all goes well for you on Saturday & you have a speedy recovery

Welcome Eamonn. Look forward to following your journey and good luck for Saturday :)

Welcome Emonn and good luck with your op this week. Fingers crossed it all goes well for you x

Thanks people, i'm sure if i have any questions the people on here will have been there wore the smaller t shirt and be able to help.
eamonn

Hi Eammon

and welcome to WLSurgery.com. I am pre op I have my first consultation on Monday. I like your first post very informative its nice to know what people do other that talk about operations..... LOL

Good luck Saturday and look forward to hearing from the new you. Tell us how you get on, the good and the bad.

PS I luv F1 too. Go Hamilton Go thought this week race was ace.

Hi Eamonn welcome to the forum, you are deffinately in the right place, it is a fantastic place for allyour questions and answers and the support you will get is amazing.

I had my op at Charing Cross in February and it was the best decision that I have ever made. It is a wonderful hospital and the care that you will get is second to none. Please keep us updated on how it all goes for you. Good luck & take care.

Hi Eamonn and welcome to this wonderful site where you will get so much help and advice and also support.
My OH has a Chevrolet Camaro 1970something lol, you can tell I don't know much about it, except it is red and in apparently immac condition lol.
Wishing you lots of luck on your journey xx

welcome Eamonn,you have come to a great site, we are like one big family, that will try and support you in any way we can, i used to drive a firebird many years ago now, it will be good reading about your story to weight loss surgery, im not to far away from you as i am in ipswich.

Hi Eamonn

Good luck for your operation on Saturday. Hope you have a speedy recovery. Look forward to hearing how it went :D

Hi Eamonn and welcome to the site. Good luck for Saturday, wishing you a speedy recovery and that you are soon back here telling us all about it when you are well enough.

Hi and welcome. Good luck for Sat. Make sure you look after yourself. I am too jsu t post op (18th April) and lookiNg forward to my new HEALTHY start in life. We can track each other
PrincessZippie

all the best with ur opp on saturday speedy recovery chap
regards steve

Hi Eamonn, welcome to the site. Mr Ahmed did my bypass at CX last November, you are in good hands. Wishing you well for Saturday, let us know how you get on.

Thank You for all you support and good wishes, i am looking forward to a healthier lifestyle and getting to know you, does anyone go to the Charing Cross support meetings on the 2nd friday of each month? if so see you there sometime in the future
eamonn

OH and i'll keep everyone updated as i go, i'll be taking my notebook with me with a internet dongle so should be able to update from hospital after the OP..(If they let me use it .. mobile signal??)

Good luck for Saturday, hurry up back to us and bring pics of your toys please. I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.... x

lol just for you some pics of some of my toys...
My Trike (my bit towards my carbon footprint lol) and Dads Bedford CA (we restored this after dad retired and finsihed using it for work)

TrikewithCanopy007.jpg

My Chevrolet Sliverado SS 6ltr Supercharged Pickup truck..(the day i collected it in Florida)
SSSilverado3.jpg

My Reg number on the truck
280518.jpg

My Daily Driver Peugeot 1007 (the worst MPG on this is about the same as the best mpg in my truck lol)
picture.php

for pics of my pets, some of my previous toys and a bit more about me www.eamonnschevy.com oh and leave comments if you like
eamonn

Back