• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello from Steve and Janet!

Rubymuzz

We are in a very privileged position in that we are a married couple (28 years) and have both been accepted for NHS WLS at Northern General Sheffield by Mr Ackroyd which will be done at Thornbury Sheffield .

We have both battled the bulge for all our adult life and tried everything diet wise between us over the years.

I am 51 years old weigh 28 stone and have sleep apnoea and border line diabetes / blood pressure also my mobility is almost nil due to arthritis and back problems.

Janet is 49 years old and weighs 20st 7lb and has diabetes, blood pressure.

Janet's date is 10/7/13 and mine is 24/7/13 (he asked who wanted to go first or did we want to be done together!, so we told him to choose who went first and decided to be done 2 weeks apart to allow for helping one another once home)

Are there any more couples out there who have both had surgery?

That's enough for now don't want to bore everyone!

Steve and Janet

Good luck to the both of you!! And welcome to the forum :)

Wow amazing to have the support of your partner going through this at the same time. good luck to you both x

Welcome Steve & Janet, and good luck on your up coming surgeries :D
Kaz
x

Hi Steve and Janet

Welcome to the forum.

Roger Ackroyd did my surgery on 28th May - he is a great surgeon and really nice guy and he has a really good team working with him - you are in very good hands.

Good luck to both of you with your surgeries!

Justine x

Hi Steve and Janet

Welcome to the forum.

Roger Ackroyd did my surgery on 28th May - he is a great surgeon and really nice guy and he has a really good team working with him - you are in very good hands.

Good luck to both of you with your surgeries!

Justine x

THanks have only heard good things about him and his team so feel confident.

Welcome steve & janet
Myself & my wife both went through the system only for my wife to be told shes not "fat enough & go home & get fatter as she doesnt have any co-morbs.!
Any way i had my bypass on monday & can assure you you have nothing to worry about (going off my experience ).
Wish you & your wife all the best for your future op dates & see you both on the losers bench soon
Mark

Welcome to you both. Its fantastic that you are both going to be done around the same time and are going to support each other in the process. Good luck :)

Janet has had her admission instructions for Thornbury hospital today, 10th July seems to be hurtling forward now!

After 18 months of different phases of this lovely process!

So don't give up folks eventually the date arrives!

That's great!! I have a friend who's also done it with her hub (couple months apart though). It's useful for you to both be at similar eating stages so you can really go through it together! Best of luck and will follow your journeys!

good luck to you both

Feeling full and emotional!!

Just had the last Chinese with all the extra's!!

Hope they don't have to lay any staff off!

Jan starts milk diet Sunday....

Welcome and good luck to you both

Back