• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello from Norwich

Eamonn I took my notebook and dongle with me but couldn't get a signal from where my room was but you are allowed to use them and mobile phones. Hope all goes well, good luck.

well all settled in my room, managed to hook up to the hospitals guest network so have fast connection and free to boot lol, staff have been really friendly and put me at ease, just had my last cup of tea for the day, might see if i can get a early night, tomorrows gonna be a tireing one methinks
i'll keep you all posted,

btw mimsie67 did you send me a face book friend request? if so hi friend i accepted it, all the best eamonn

Late Breaking news..... looks like Mr Torsten Olbers is now going to be my surgeon, he should have been in for surgery earlier in the week but was held up due to the volcano stopping flights but he's here now and going to be sorting me out about 10 am this morning, jeez i am excited scared happy sad all at the same time, and i couold kill for a cup of tea or glass of water lol i can do without my breakfast but boy am i thirsty lol, still should be out by lunchtime so will nip down the pub for a quick pint ;) lol
all the best for now folks talk soon
eamonn

:)Good luck Eamonn:)

Ps i'm liking your trike-does that canopy keep the rain off?

Hi Eamonn yes that was me with the friend request on FB.

Torsten Olbers done my op and he is absolutely wonderful, he couldn't do enough for me and made me feel like I was the only person that he was caring for.

I was told that he was the best in the world at this job, so I think that you are in pretty safe hands.

You should be back on the ward by now, so I hope you are feeling ok and look forward to hearing how it has all gone in a few days.

GOOD EVENING FELLOW WL'SERS
I BACK better stop shouting now lol, i went into surgery at about 12:15 woke up about 2:30pm and was walking around about 4:15 I feel a bit tender and tired now but also feel great, dont feel at all hungry just thirsty and i'm sipping plenty lol I Feel so happy that it is finally done and i can look forward to a healthier time ahead, I've never been bothered about the fact i was larger than the average guy but over the last few years my health had worsened, this op has given me the boost to a better life, just having the op has given me something to look forward to, better than winning the lottery lol

Mr Torsten Olbers and Dr Carel le Roux have been to see me and were very happy with me,and the way the op went, what a great couple of guys in fact all the staff i have met here are Great, even if they keep jabbing me with needles lol,
gonna have a early night tonight mind talk to you all tomorrow. thanks for all your well wishes
eamonn soon to be know as Slim ;) lol

:)Good luck Eamonn:)

Ps i'm liking your trike-does that canopy keep the rain off?

yep and the Sun on hot days it also has an electric motor for roundabouts and traffic lights and very steep hills luckily Norfolk is fairly flat so i dont use the power to often lol only the traffic lights etc some drivers are crazy mad lol

Hi Eamonn yes that was me with the friend request on FB.

Torsten Olbers done my op and he is absolutely wonderful, he couldn't do enough for me and made me feel like I was the only person that he was caring for.

I was told that he was the best in the world at this job, so I think that you are in pretty safe hands.

You should be back on the ward by now, so I hope you are feeling ok and look forward to hearing how it has all gone in a few days.

yer totally right about Mr Olbers a true gentleman and a Great surgeon if he was on ebay i'd give him 5 stars plus for feedback Dr leRoux has been in constant contact with me during my pre op diet and with my insulin intake i cannot praise these gents enough

i noticed you play farkle we will have to arrange to meet online for a game sometime i love it lol

Hi Eamonn,
Welcome to the group, i am sure you will enjoy it here full of wonderful people. xx

So pleased everything is going well for you, make sure you dont do too much though, you need to recover properly .... take care x

Hiya, so pleased the op went well, and you seem to be bouncing back really well. Take it easy though, don't do too much, and rest when your body tells you. Great to read your posts, keep it up, thanks xxxxx

hI
Glad to hear from someone who has had a good time under the hands of Torsten Olbers, i saw him for the first time yesterday where he agreed to do my op, and its all set for 20th july good to hear you can take laptop i will take mine.

i must be honest after being told i may not be allowed surgery i am pleased to hear how well like the surgeon is and how good he is. he seemed lovely yesterday ,
good luck with your journey x

Back