• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello, I’m new here!

Georgina francis

Hi all!

My name is Georgina and I am now 5 days post op after having a sleeve done!

Feeling amazing so far and on minimal pain relief and the nausea seems to have subsided :D

Any advice or suggestions you can give would be greatly received :woohoo:

Doing ok so far on phase one of diet but struggling to have a lot of water etc although it seems I am able to have more and more each day!

Hello and welcome!

My advice re water would be to keep sipping it throughout the day, also room temperature is easier to get down.

The most important tip though is to follow the advice you were given food wise for post op optimal results x

Hi and welcome. Congratulations on you WLS Hun. Definitely keep sipping as Mazza said. I found warm drinks easier than cold even now 6 months post op tea is my saviour and just recently coffee too. But what ever you can sip on. @slimkim has had a Sleeve is almost a year out and has done brilliantly. Also @Alexandra Nevermind i Think was sleeved a couple of months ago and again doing great. I’m not sure who else has a sleeve I’m sure there’s loads on this forum though. It’s a great place for support and advice. Sounds as though your doing really well though hun.

Hi and welcome
Congratulations on your recent surgery, I’m glad your getting on ok, follow your teams instructions to a T And sip sip sip sip all day long, it is really a full time job in the early days but it’ll get better as time goes on.
I’m bypassed so can’t help with the sleeve but there are some regulars who have had a sleeve and loads of great diaries to read too, there is always plenty of advice, support and tips on here
Keep in touch xx

Welcome to the forum. I'm almost one year post op so the early days are but a memory for me. I do remember that fluids, walking and protein are the three key things. Milk, yogurts, broth, protein powders all great things to have around and consume.

Hi and welcome to the site, I'm pre op but there is loads of great info on here. Definitely have a look through some diaries for inspiration.

Hi and welcome. Congratulations on you WLS Hun. Definitely keep sipping as Mazza said. I found warm drinks easier than cold even now 6 months post op tea is my saviour and just recently coffee too. But what ever you can sip on. @slimkim has had a Sleeve is almost a year out and has done brilliantly. Also @Alexandra Nevermind i Think was sleeved a couple of months ago and again doing great. I’m not sure who else has a sleeve I’m sure there’s loads on this forum though. It’s a great place for support and advice. Sounds as though your doing really well though hun.
@starryeyed is another good one, her diary is well worth a read (it is long though lol)

Hi and welcome to the site, I'm pre op but there is loads of great info on here. Definitely have a look through some diaries for inspiration.

@starryeyed is another good one, her diary is well worth a read (it is long though lol)
I agree she is very inspirational a fantastic success story xx

Hi all!

My name is Georgina and I am now 5 days post op after having a sleeve done!

Feeling amazing so far and on minimal pain relief and the nausea seems to have subsided :D

Any advice or suggestions you can give would be greatly received :woohoo:

Doing ok so far on phase one of diet but struggling to have a lot of water etc although it seems I am able to have more and more each day!

Hello and welcome, you've certainly come to the best place for support!
I'm 5 weeks post op with a sleeve so still in my early days. I found it really tough to get liquids in at the start too but if you're noticing that you're getting more in each day already then that's a good sign. It'll come to you, just go with the flow and keep remembering to sip away.
There are loads of great diaries on here, but be warned they get addictive! I've been known to still be sat up until the early hours of the morning reading diaries on here haha but they're so informative and useful.
xxx

Hello and welcome, you've certainly come to the best place for support!
I'm 5 weeks post op with a sleeve so still in my early days. I found it really tough to get liquids in at the start too but if you're noticing that you're getting more in each day already then that's a good sign. It'll come to you, just go with the flow and keep remembering to sip away.
There are loads of great diaries on here, but be warned they get addictive! I've been known to still be sat up until the early hours of the morning reading diaries on here haha but they're so informative and useful.
xxx

I did that in the beginning too. I would be up so late reading people's stories. I loved it when they stuck around a bit after surgery and told us all the details on how they felt about it all.x

Back