• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello Im new here

StephieAck

I know Ive changed!
Hello there everyone
I have lurked around here for a couple of months but I have now decided to actually jump on board and introduce myself.
My name is Stephanie and Im 31 from Widnes in Cheshire, I am blissfully married to Tom and we just celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary on 31st July. We have no children but we do have pets that are like our children lol
Anyway, for almost all of my life I have been dieting and not alot has worked, in fact nothing has long term, I can maybe lose 1-2 stone if Im ill or something but no more than that and it never stays off.
Im not at the heaviest that I have ever been, I am around 18st odd last check and Ive been as high as 21st 7ishlbs.
I only got down to this because my diabetes keeps going wild and the high blood sugars forced my weight down.
Anyway, my diabetic diet doctor told me last year that I qualify for surgery, which shocked me because two years before that I asked a diabetic doctor if I did and they said "oh no dont be silly, just go and lose weight" and so I feel as though those two years were wasted.
So the doctor sent me on to a weight loss management clinic, which I went to religiously before they cancelled it and then sent me on to a community based one, which I did the ten weeks in the gym and going to group meetings. I was then sent on to a lovely dietician Eileen and we started the whole process off. I saw Eileen for alot of this year and then also the psychologist Ruth twice, she was lovely and said the two times was because she was very sure of my state of mind etc and off to my gp my referral went. He dragged his heels a little but Eileen prodded them for me and they sent their bit off to the pct also. On Friday just gone I got my letter to say that I have been approved for funding for the referral to Spire hospitals, which is a huge relief to me, Im unlucky when it comes to getting what I want and I had expected them to say no.
I emailed Eileen the dietician today to tell her that I got my letter and that Im guessing I will get a letter/appointment sometime.
She emailed me back and said that I will receive an appointment with Spire Macclesfield in 8-10 weeks.
That is a little far away from me but to be honest, if it means getting the surgery then I would WALK to New York and back!!! lol
8-10 weeks seems like forever too but I thought that about the 12 month weight loss management thing and that 12 months seems like a blur, so I guess 8-10 weeks is nothing major, I just hope that that means the appointment will be in 8-10 weeks, not that I will receive a letter about it.
Anyway, enough of my ramblings, I just wanted to introduce myself and say hello.
Take care all
Steph xxx

Hi Steph,

Welcome to MiniMins and I hope you will make yourself at home and if you need any help please ask.

Well done on getting funding and I hope you do not have too long to wait.

Love Mini xxx

Hi
I am from Manchester and have just done 6 montsh weight management and have been referred to Salford Royal but refused a band so am now tooing and frooing about a bypass. I am 33 and have three children ages 1, 4 and 7 and have been married to my other half for 13 years.
Welcome to Minis xxx

hello,
Welcome and good luck with your journey. As you go through this process and things crop up you'll find this forum priceless xx

Nice to meet you Steph ! Hope you stick around to keep us updated on your progress and ask anything you want, most members are happy to give advice and support xxx Good luck with everything x

What a lovely welcome, thank you.:)
So far this forum has inspired me and calmed my fears, and that is just since lurking. :)
I will be here more and more from now on I bet and when I get my surgery I will probably overdo the progress photo shoots lol
Its nice to finally become a part of the site, I didnt feel that I could until I knew that I had initial funding.
Steph xx

Hi and welcome to minis hope you are ok. That 8-10 weeks will fly by. Everyone on here are so helpful and supportive. You have definately done the right thing by becoming a member.

Hello & welcome i'm sure you'll get everything you need here to help you through your journey Good luck

Hi Steph....Glad you decided to join in as there is a wealth of good old knowledge available here to help benefit you...

Mark

You guys are all so lovely, I have never been welcomed so warmly in any forum Ive ever been on, I can tell that I am going to like it here.
Steph xx

Hi & welcome Steph,

I had my surgery at Spire Macclesfield last year, and they are lovely there. The dietician is a bit pants but the rest are great :) They have strict guidelines on timeframes for first appointments and operations etc, so you shouldn't have too long to wait!

Hi steph and welcome!!! You will find so much help and support here, they are amazing. My name is Alia and I live in leeds, married with 6 kids. I had a bypass in November last year, lost 6 stone and then things went majorly wrong but as of today I'm back on track and with the help and support of every one here I know I'll be back to losing very soon

Alia xxxx

Welcome, Welcome, Welcome....:)

And Alia..just look how drop dead gorgeous you look in your avatar...:eek::D:D:D

Thanks again all xx
Shel...can I ask how long you waited between being referred and having that first appointment please? Were you NHS?
Ive been reading your pregnancy diary in the past few days, congrats on hitting the big 24! xx
Steph xx

Thanks :) I had funding confirmed early mid January, first appointment was the beginning of April, and surgery mid July. I remember them saying that I had to receive the appointment letter within 10 weeks of Spire being notified of my referral, and the appointment had to be within 20 weeks of referral. After that, surgery had to be within 18 weeks of the first appointment I think.

My surgeon isn't there at the moment, so people seem to mostly be going to Mr Agwunobi, who has a shorter waiting list.

Ah ok cool, thanks for that.
Im praying that something miraculous happens and I have a really quick turnaround but Im not holding out much hope of that.
Ah well, Im sure that somewhere down the line I will be sat here all slim and saying how it all went so fast lol
Steph xx

Back