• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello im new to this site

chezza1

Im due to go for the gastric band next wednesday (17th sept 08) totally mixed emotions. Can anyone give me some advice or tips.....Help:wave_cry:

hi chezza
i had my band 3weeks ago..
if you read my diary it tells you the day of op.
i was like you very mixed thoughts but i am so glad now..
where are you having it done? and are you on the preop diet now?
it will be worth it the band is tool and you just got to adapt to it and work with it and not against it..
hope that has helped
emma

Hi Chezza, welcome to Mini's :D there are a lot of people here who have had bands, so plenty who understand your emotions. I remember before my bypass my emotions were all over the place, but as the day got nearer, I got calmer. By the day or two before, my nerves were under control and I was more excited than anything.

You'll find all the support you could need here, so if you need to offload, or ask any questions etc, just jump in :D

Hello chezza, you sound familiar!! Loads of ladies on here that have had the op and will tell you what to expect, stop worrying missus! Just remember size eight :happy036::party0038::giggle::party0011:

Hiya E??? Im not on the preop diet yet i start monday i only have 3 days on a milk and yogurt diet. Im going into thornbury hospital under Doc Ackroyd which is in sheffield. Very nervous not with the op but the few weeks that follow. I have heard a few horror stories.

Thanx shel i found alot of very nice genuine people on here. Nerves are taking over a bit.x

Hi Chezza and welcome to minis. There are lots of banders on here who will offer you lots of advice and support. good luck with you op and look forward to following your progress x

Don't worry at all. I had it done and it wasn't half as bad or even a 1/4 of what i thought it would be. 8 weeks down the line i'm as happy as larry !! look at the posts from me, Alicat, Neen, Amanda 123 and Alice . Were all banders who had it a while ago. Lots of info on our posts . and were all ok !! Will be the best thing u will have ever done ....i can assure u !! xxx

Hiya E??? Im not on the preop diet yet i start monday i only have 3 days on a milk and yogurt diet. Im going into thornbury hospital under Doc Ackroyd which is in sheffield. Very nervous not with the op but the few weeks that follow. I have heard a few horror stories.
Hi Chezza I had a band fitted at Thornbury by Mr Ackroyd on 23rd July and it really isnt as bad as you expect I went in on the Tuesday evening was one of the first down for the op on Wednesday went down about 9.40 and was back in my room before 11 and went home the next day. I have felt absolutely fine the worst thing is the trapped wind but if you get some gripe water it does ease it, I was driving etc the week after I had it done. If you need to know anything there is always someone on here to help you.
Hope everything goes OK!
Take Care
Lesley xx

PS The staff at the Thornbury are lovely!!

Thankyou for your advice

Morning everyone:wave_cry: well i didn't sleep much last night my head is doing over time. im sort of getting really excited then i seem to go right to the extreme in thinking do i really need to do this!!!! I have had a lot of people telling me how drastic having the band is and that i dont need to go that far. I probably don't need to loose as much as some people on here my bmi is 29.2 i weigh 12 stones 2lbs, My family history makes this banding more important to me. My Dad passed away last year with prostrate cancer at 60 years old. When he was my age (41) he had a stroke. My mum is diabetic she has Angina, Athritis and has just has her Gal bladder removed. The future for me is important and its the choice i have to make. The only thing that is really niggling me abit is The few weeks that follow after the op regarding what i can and carn't eat. Im a very busy person running my own business with my brother and am on the go all the time so i find it very difficult to prepare things, its just a case of grab and eat. Im so happy for everyone on here who has had surgery and you are all an insperation to others. I really enjoy reading everyones blogs and diaries. Caroline who had the bypass is one of my closest friends and has been my rock at the most desperate times. Thankyou to each and everyone of you for your messages of support and advice. God bless you all.x

morning chezza..
you are welcome to receive the messages.. as lesley said the worst thing post op is the wind.. but you will be fine.
takecare
emma

morning hun, stop worrying yourself into the ground right now missus!!! They would not have offered you the band if you didnt have the family history of so many obesity related diseases and like I told you, you are stopping the weight gaining in its tracks, you know how unhappy I was when I was at my largest and I could see you getting more and more depressed and I dont want to see you like it anymore! I promise I will be there to hold your hand, love you loads xx

hello chezza

Welcome to minis................. You will be fine, and looks like you have got the best support with caroline, she is great!!!!

Take it easy, we are all here for you
x

Thankyou to Linda & Mandy. Cazza your a star.x

hi chezza , welcome i have had a band the only painful bit is the wind, everything else is easy in comparison, i know im not huge i was 13st 5lb with a bmi of 30 but i am a constant yo yo dieter and fed up of having to worry about food and weight and i am hoping that i will soon be able to listen to my stomach and not my head about who is hungry and who is just plain old greedy, you will be fine take care and let us know how you get on

moe

Hiya moe

I too have been a yoyo dieter and for the last 25 years which is all my adult life i have spent on a constant diet be it weight watchers, slimming world, atkins, cambridge are but a few to mention. sad thing is in all my years i have never even come close to or ever reached my target weight. The most i have ever lost is 2 stones but within weeks i put all of it back on. Never had much of a sweet tooth but savoury things ouch. I have thought about the decision long and hard for a few years and went to see the surgical weight loss group with an i want the balloon approach and was quite sure i was never going to have the band due to horror stories ive heard.

well they soon changed my perception of it and now im like BRING IT ON!!!! Im going to do a diary when i get it fitted on wednesday (which is 139 hours away lol).
I think the hardest of times will be the first few weeks then when you see the weight start to come off what a buzz that must feel. I seriously carn't get it into my head that i am going to loose weight with this because every diet ive ever done in my life has failed. I so need skinny apple bottom jeans woo hoo. Hope your doing well Moe. How long have you had the band in for now?????

Back