• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

hi im new to this site

welcome to the site. I'm an NHS bypasser so don't think i can advise you really. Well done on your fab weight loss and good luck x

Oooh..hope no one was thinking that I was saying bypass is better than banding?? :sigh:As I certainly do not think that. Was just trying to say that you are not alone Liz. Just like I said, my friend had hers removed because of complications..she still had a lot of weight to go, so she had the bypass. She still has good and bad days with her bypass. As I had to pay privately, a band was not a great option for me as I would have to travel 5 hours and go through several countries to get there to have a fill! I found one of the best surgeons in Europe..just happened to be in Belgium! I did initially start out as wanting a band. I researched it so much and discussed it with my surgeon.

Liz, you have done brilliantly, and good for you on getting another band to finish what you started! I have every faith that this band will last you for as long as you need it. You are certainly proof that Banding is extremely successful.

Bypass is a lot more riskier than banding I agree, but my staple lines were well tested during surgery...hence why I woke with a face covered in Blue stuff..lol. But as with every surgery there is always a risk of complications, and I can only hope that I and other people are the lucky ones.

Warm Wishes,

Kel xx

hi kel, thanks for the kind comments, we all choose different types of weight loss surgery to suit our own needs best as we all are individuals, all weight loss sugery is a rollercoaster ride with lots of ups & downs, its a big decision to have surgery so we have to make the right choices for our individual needs. Even though my bands broken now and needs replaced i still have no regrets on my original desicion, i have to look at this as part of my journey and ill ride the rollercoaster again !!
best wishes and good luck to you all
liz xxx

well today has arrived its 6.20am and i am being admitted to hospital today at 3 for my band removal op, which will take place tomorrow. im pretty calm at present, but we shall see how i feel as the day goes on, i havent packed my bag yet, i shall do that soon. i shall let you all know how the removal went on my return.
best wishes
liz xx

Thanks Amanda x:)

Hi Liz and welcome to the site. what a fantastic weight loss you must be really proud of yourself. Good luck with your band removal x

Good luck Liz! Will be waiting to read all about it. Stay positive and strong.

well its midnight im in my hospital bed i got net working yay
doc said all is ok 4 op to go ahead, so i shall be back with an update tomorrow.
goodnight all
liz xxx

Hi Liz
I know i had said it already but good luck, hope every thing goes ok and you have a speedy recovery.
Get yr head down and get some sleep.
Speak soon
HC

Well im still in hosp its day after surgery, they have taken out old band and replaced it with a new 1, they have put in 2 mills of saline in my band during surgery, i managed a coffee and some rice crispies 4 breakfast, i feel
greatapart from
port
pain and gas in shoulders. i will await surgeon doing his rounds and fingers crossed ill be discharged at some point today.
best wishes to all
liz xx

That's great news Liz, glad you're feeling well. I thought they were going to do it in 2 stages so its fab that they've done it all in one for you!

Congrats on getting the 2nd band back in...thought they were going to wait?

I must have read wrong....lol

hi and thanks for all the kind comments !!
they said my tum was in good condition and suitable for rebanding then, so thats what he did, im glad as it saves having two ops.
liz xx

Thanks tammy, im home now a little sore and bloated, but glad its over with. i have to return to hospital tomorrow to get stitches removed. im quite tired and have a little port pain. be nice to be back in my own bed tonight lol.
liz xx

Back