• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

hi im new to this site

j.u.s.t.l.i.z.

Runs Srh Support Group
hello all i found this site by chance im just over 3 years in with my lap band i lost 7 st 7, regained nearly 2 st in 1 year, im having a band removal aug 29th, any 1 else experienced this ? they say i can have a new band 6 weeks later.
great site !!
best wishes to all on there weight loss journey.
liz xx

Hi Liz, welcome to Mini's :D I'm a bypass patient, so can't help with the band, but well done on losing 5 1/2 stone, that's fantastic.

Thanks shell x i try and maintain it as i have to start again, but hey i been given a 2nd chance at it.

Hi liz welcome to minis. Well done on the weight loss. Do you mind me asking how comes you have put so much weight back on, have you just slipped back into old habits or has yr band slipped or something? How much weight have you got to loose to get to a healthy BMI? From yr experiance i take it you feel its worth putting yr body through two proceedures in a relative short space of time.
Sorry for all the questions but to hear it from someone who has been there and done it would be useful.

Welcome to minis Liz - as a new bander I am sure there is not a lot I can tell you about it, having been there, but I will be reading your posts with interest and would like to wish you lots of luck on your continuing journey x

Hi Liz,
Sorry I can' t help with your question but there alot of people on here who will give you some great advice and help and I'd just like to welcome you:D:D
Take care
Trina xxx

Welcome to Minimins Liz :)

Looking forward to reading your updates,

Best Wishes,

Lacey xx :)

Hi liz welcome to minis. Well done on the weight loss. Do you mind me asking how comes you have put so much weight back on, have you just slipped back into old habits or has yr band slipped or something? How much weight have you got to loose to get to a healthy BMI? From yr experiance i take it you feel its worth putting yr body through two proceedures in a relative short space of time.
Sorry for all the questions but to hear it from someone who has been there and done it would be useful.
hello. ill explain a little more
my band has been slowly failing in the last year as the fills have been slowly leaking allowing me to eat more, during my last fill under xray, the tube had distatched from my band, they also said that the band itself has a fracture/twist. they said its not through any thing i have done and it some times can happens, guess i just been unlucky. this time last year i had a bmi of 27 now its 31, i will get back to that bmi as i was happy with my weight at that point. from my perspective it is worth having the 2 proceedures as the band i have now has changed my life in all aspects. i hope that explains things a little better.
best wishes
liz xx

good luck i think you must have been unlucky but look at the positive you know you can do it and what life will be like so its not going into the great unknown again, i hope all goes well and really look forward to your new postings, would you mind me asking do you have to pay for the procedure again? only asking as its bad enough paying for it once let alone twice.

moe

good luck i think you must have been unlucky but look at the positive you know you can do it and what life will be like so its not going into the great unknown again, i hope all goes well and really look forward to your new postings, would you mind me asking do you have to pay for the procedure again? only asking as its bad enough paying for it once let alone twice.

moe
hi moe,
luckily i am a nhs bander, so they will be doing the removal and re banding again 6 weeks later. if id of been a private patient i simply would not of had the available funds for the ops.

Hi Liz, and welcome to Minis.

I'm sorry to hear of the problems you have had with your band, but well done on the fantastic weightloss. I'm a gastric bypasser myself, and I chose this over the band. I have heard of a few cases like yours, including a good friend of mine who had to have the band removed and then opted for the bypass. Good luck with the rest of your journey.

Best Wishes,

Kel xx

welcome to the board hun
i chose bypass over the band also my thoughts were if that can still fail then not worth it so had bypass privately. so far so god 4 and half stone gone another 8lb this week and only week 8
julie

Hi Liz, and welcome to Minis.

I'm sorry to hear of the problems you have had with your band, but well done on the fantastic weightloss. I'm a gastric bypasser myself, and I chose this over the band. I have heard of a few cases like yours, including a good friend of mine who had to have the band removed and then opted for the bypass. Good luck with the rest of your journey.

Best Wishes,

Kel xx
hi there,
i did ask about a bypass instead of band no2 but they said noo as my bmi is now too low. so its my only option to have another band.
liz xx

So sorry to hear your band had a leak. I knew in some cases it was a possibility but its sooo rare and very unfortunate . But well done with how far u have got !! if i lose that amount in that time i'll be well chuffed too ! So far so good ! mind u if it happened to me would be very costly...had it private y'see ! But in a worrying moment today i admit ( miss panickipoo eh) i phoned my surgeon ( he's on speed dial thankfully ) and he told me that the odds of your band leaking is like.... the chances of being kicked by a Donkey Dressed as Madonna so rare he's never had it or performed a re-op because of it (good odds i say !!) he said the reason is down to the Band itself being faulty in the first place and a very very low slow leakage would have been apparent but rather undetectable and weight loss would not have been stopped because of it until it has now obviously got to the point where the leak is flowing more frequently rather like a slow puncture . The same as the leak that bypasses can get to there lining which again is very low odds too .. Phew! Aw Soooo unfortunate for you but glad the NHS will sort that for u and good luck with the next one!! Let us know how u get on !! xx

the leak was coming more from where the tube connects to the band as for the fracture in it i dont understand how that can happen, i will ask when i go into hospital. and now its totally detached from the band, it is rare that a band removal has to be done so most people are ok.
i will keep you all updated with my progress.
liz xx

I only asked him about band leakage ie puncture/Leakage . I did read today about the effects of the band tubes twisting and becoming detached when a band leaks thru that too Aw your just sadly one of the unlucky ones with it but nowt was your fault mate . Our bodies all react in different ways to things. You've done so well !! wow an inspiration !! Keep in touch :) xxx

thanks for the kind comments.
liz xx

Back