• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello Im Val Nickname Minn

Val

Committed Weight Loser
Hi
I actually went to join this site and was told that I was already a member..Wow in 2007 I visited here so that's 7 years ago
Well put bluntly I have messed about for years trying to diet etc etc..You all know the story Been there done it got the 't' shirt, lol
So I have finally at the tender age of 61 decided to have a gastric band, crazy you say..I know I know, but hey ho I have fought most of my life with a weight problem so I think its time to do the last thing I can about it and that's surgery
I am booked in this Thursday at 7am at THG Dolan Park
I am with Martin Richardson, my consultation was a bit of a wake up and he asked me to do a Pre Op diet for 4 weeks, its been so hard especially the last week on the liquid diet, but it has to be done :)
So looking forward to some great support and guidance at the start of my last diet ever....:)

welcome from a fellow bander! Took me 7+. years to book my surgery too, so I know how that feels,

It's a wonderful tool if you're prepared to work with it :) good luck for surgery :)

Hello and welcome!

I wish you all the very best with your surgery, I hope it goes well. He did a good job on me :)

Hi Minn, welcome back! It is never too late to change your life for the better, I am 65 and was banded earlier this year, it was one of my better decisions. Good luck. xx

Hi Minn, welcome back! It is never too late to change your life for the better, I am 65 and was banded earlier this year, it was one of my better decisions. Good luck. xx

Thank you for your reply, its so nice to meet someone my age bracket as I was really worried everyone would think I'm totally mad for doing this..
Your progress is great as that was another thing everyone says its harder to lose weight when your older, well you just proved that theory wrong
:)

Hello and welcome :)

Hello, I really hope you do well and find the body you want.

Thank you for your reply, its so nice to meet someone my age bracket as I was really worried everyone would think I'm totally mad for doing this..
Your progress is great as that was another thing everyone says its harder to lose weight when your older, well you just proved that theory wrong
:)

It is never easy to lose weight and I certainly wouldn't want to take anything away from the efforts some of the younger ones on here have made but it doesn't get easier as you get older except that we probably have more failures behind us and therefore a determination to make this work as we know that there are going to be no more chances ahead.

The band is a great tool for concentrating the mind but as I have no restriction yet I don't have any physical help. Having said that there is no way that I could have lost almost 7 stones and still losing(except for this week when I put on 1/2 lb, bugger!) albeit just 1 to 1 1/2 lb per week which suits me fine. At my age I didn't want the more intrusive surgery involved with a sleeve or bypass.

Food has always played a very important role in my life as both an eater and a chef and it still does play an important part allowing me to eat smaller portions of delicious food but without the carbs that I was addicted to.

I left it too late to avoid getting arthritis in my hips and knees or avoiding raised blood pressure but hopefully have avoided diabetes and certainly everyday life is much improved, I haven't been back on a plane since losing weight but I'm really looking forward to being able to fasten the seatbelt and lower the tray, I might even be able to adopt the brace position if we crash but I never did see that as a major problem!

Good luck for Thursday, you will be fine, and don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions.:)

It is never easy to lose weight and I certainly wouldn't want to take anything away from the efforts some of the younger ones on here have made but it doesn't get easier as you get older except that we probably have more failures behind us and therefore a determination to make this work as we know that there are going to be no more chances ahead.

The band is a great tool for concentrating the mind but as I have no restriction yet I don't have any physical help. Having said that there is no way that I could have lost almost 7 stones and still losing(except for this week when I put on 1/2 lb, bugger!) albeit just 1 to 1 1/2 lb per week which suits me fine. At my age I didn't want the more intrusive surgery involved with a sleeve or bypass.

Food has always played a very important role in my life as both an eater and a chef and it still does play an important part allowing me to eat smaller portions of delicious food but without the carbs that I was addicted to.

I left it too late to avoid getting arthritis in my hips and knees or avoiding raised blood pressure but hopefully have avoided diabetes and certainly everyday life is much improved, I haven't been back on a plane since losing weight but I'm really looking forward to being able to fasten the seatbelt and lower the tray, I might even be able to adopt the brace position if we crash but I never did see that as a major problem!

Good luck for Thursday, you will be fine, and don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions.:)

Like you I too left it too late and haver 2 hip replacements but that was partly due to a sporty lifestyle too I played netball till my 5o's and it took its toll:rolleyes:

However all that said I too didn't want drastic surgery and opted for the band so we have several similarities :)

I'm really suffering today I have 1 more day to go to surgery But as I really don't like milk that much I'm craving for a savoury soup ...but I shall not give in, only 1 more day I can hold out for that

Thank you for your support and advise :):thankyou:

Back