• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

SheWolf

Hi everyone. I haven't introduced myself properly as I've just about got my head around how this all works.
So here's my story..
I'm almost 29, I am a mother to one son and I'm engaged.
Growing up I was always an average body type, through to high school where I wore a size 10/12
My life took a turn when I was 14 and was called fat.. From then I developed a massive compulsion with food. At that time I only ate the saw small variety of foods and got down to a very unhealthy weight which lasted until I left school. I steadily for the next couple of years stayed the same size a 10/12 again.
I fell pregnant at 18 with my son. Soon to put on 4stone and as the same with many woman, I had postnatal depression and all went downhill from then.
I was diagnosed with PCOS that year and have been on all sorts of meds since and nothing has helped. I would rather go through child birth every month then experience the pain I get with PCOS, and obviously the way to help the symptoms is weight loss but The weight has just piled on and on regardless of all my efforts and attempted every diet on the market, I loose a couple pound over a fortnight and can weigh myself a couple days later and it would be back on plus more, I am now 17stone and high risk diabetic.
Anyway cutting it short.. I've been in and out of the doctors dietitians etc for years and early this year I was referred to L&D after numerous trips I am now the stage of a milk diet which I have 4 weeks of. No surgery date at the moment which is abit strange as you normally hear of the milk diet to be used as part of pre operation. I'm due to go back to see the nurse in 3 weeks.
If anyone can relate please get in touch, I would absolutely love to hear from you. xx

Seems to be a lot of this at the moment people doing LRD without a date for surgery .... the hospitals obviously have their reasons good luck to anyone doing it at the moment xxx

I was ages as they lost my notes so I rang up and complained and was in 3wks later xxx

Welcome. I'm on the milk diet at the moment but am having my operation on the 20th of this month. How are you finding the diet?

Ah wow. It literally varies from person to person then. How have you found it? How far gone are you now?xx

Turps. I'm finding the diet easy to be honest. I have compulsions with food and so when I know what I have to do it's easy for me. I have a big whites board on my kitchen wall with times and amounts etc. 29th wow that's not long :) when did you get your date?xx

Today will be my 6th day on the milk diet. I'm finding it okay, but am rapidly approaching the stage where I don't want to look at more milk or yoghurt.
What I find hardest is waking up and thinking of the very limited amount I can eat that day. So I try to distract myself asap or I'd drive myself crazy with wanting other stuff.

Just seen your next post. I got my date last Wednesday, so things seemed to have happened fast. Glad you're finding it okay.

Yea I know what you mean. I batch make jelly and use the sugar free crusha in my milk to change things up. How much have you lost so far? Wow that is quick, has it been a long process since your first appointment?xxx

I also forgot to mention I have a physiologist apointment End of November. What does this usually entail?xx

I was in tier 3 for about 18 months, in part because the provider changed part way through and I had my op in May. Like you I had weight issues and eating disorders from being very young and really put weight on when I got pregnant for the first time. I spent about 8 years trying to work with my GP, exercise referrals, orlistate and slimming groups etc. 5 years ago I became life threateningly ill and was in rehabilitation for a long time. Once I was fit enough we agreed I'd start tier 3 with the aim of having WLS to try and improve my health, make my disabilities a bit easier to manage.

After I saw the surgeon he wanted me to see the dietician (again) and the psychologist because if my past eating disorders. That was frustrating because it felt like he'd made his mind up ready. I attended the appointment and we talked for about 20 minutes and I explained how far in the past that behaviour was, how much preparation I'd done for surgery and why I wanted it. I pointed out that having survived brain surgery I wasn't prepared to take any risks with my health that weren't worth it. They were satisfied very quickly I wasn't trying to use surgery as a way of going back to starving myself.

So I'd say just be honest about how it is for you, why you think surgery is the best option for you and show you've thought about it all. It's not designed to catch you out but to make sure they feel you're ready in my experience.

I also forgot to mention I have a physiologist apointment End of November. What does this usually entail?xx

I had to see the physiologist for a while, for me it was about 6 months of appointments but I know other providers don't make people go for that long. I actually found it really beneficial, and he helped me get my head around the fact that while yes, I had eaten the food that made me fat, genetics came into play, too. Ultimately it was my physiologist who decided if I was mentally ready for the op or not. What Fee says above is right, they're not trying to catch you out, just trying to ensure you're ready for such a huge change.

Hi everyone. I haven't introduced myself properly as I've just about got my head around how this all works.
So here's my story..
Growing up I was always an average body type, through to high school where I wore a size 10/12
My life took a turn when I was 14 and was called fat.. From then I developed a massive compulsion with food. At that time I only ate the saw small variety of foods and got down to a very unhealthy weight which lasted until I left school. I steadily for the next couple of years stayed the same size a 10/12 again.
I fell pregnant at 18 with my son. Soon to put on 4stone and as the same with many woman, I had postnatal depression and all went downhill from then.
I was diagnosed with PCOS that year and have been on all sorts of meds since and nothing has helped. I would rather go through child birth every month then experience the pain I get with PCOS, and obviously the way to help the symptoms is weight loss but The weight has just piled on and on regardless of all my efforts and attempted every diet on the market, I loose a couple pound over a fortnight and can weigh myself a couple days later and it would be back on plus more, I am now 17stone and high risk diabetic.
Anyway cutting it short.. I've been in and out of the doctors dietitians etc for years and early this year I was referred to L&D after numerous trips I am now the stage of a milk diet which I have 4 weeks of. No surgery date at the moment which is abit strange as you normally hear of the milk diet to be used as part of pre operation. I'm due to go back to see the nurse in 3 weeks.
If anyone can relate please get in touch, I would absolutely love to hear from you. xx

hi I too am going To L and D and am starting milk diet tomorrow. Doing 5 weeks as I gave just been on holiday and really need to try to get on with this but really dreading it. I wish you luck and hope to hear how you get on x

So here's my story..
So here's my story..
hi
I'm also at L and D already have diabetes which terrifies me and I am on day 8 of initial milk diet (to lose 5%) I go back on 12th October but don't finish my 4 weeks milk diet until 14th October a little disheartened to have only lost 2kg in first week but got keep at it, how have you been getting on with yours ? X

Back