• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello my name is Becca and I'm fat!

Live-n-hope

Sorry for the black humour on my title!

I had my 1st appointment in Feb this year at Sunderland Hospital as a group session with Mr Small. I have just recieved a letter for an appointment to be seen in chester wing held by Mr Small for May 26th. Has anyone else who went to the 1st session got this or is it an individual appt just to see the nutritionist? Can anyone shed any light as to this process please?

Many thanks:confused:

Hi Becca

Sorry I can't be of any help to you as I am under a different PCT but I did not want to read and run.

Welcome to the site, I am sure that someone who is from the same area as you will be along shortly to assist you.

Wishing you all the best for your journey.

Hi and welcome to the site. Good luck with your appt. I can't help but someone will be along soon to help with your query.

Hi Becca and welcome to wlsurgery...

You are very lucky with your title lol, mine should have said '' hi i'm Julie and i'm morbidly obese''.... But hey it's a title me and you are both binning :) xx

Good luck with your appointment and welcome to the forum x

Hi and welcome Becca.

I'm not from Sunderland but we have loads of peeps here who are under Sunderland hospital.

What surgery are you hoping to have? I had bypass 8 months ago and have lost 7 stones so far. Best thing I ever did.

Good luck with your journey. x

Wanted to pop by and say hi and welcome!
But I'm afraid I have no answer to your question cos I am from a different area.
Good luck though x

Hello
I'm a Sunderland post opper, and if things are still the same as last year you should see both a consultant and the dietician. As well as the usual medical history stuff the consultant will want to know all about your eating habits to determine what surgery might be best for you, and of course he will want to know which op you would prefer. Then the dietician will set you a weight loss goal that you need to achieve for the next appointment.
Have a look at the Sunderland section, maybe we will see you at one of the patient support group meetings

:welcome: Becca, You will probably find all the answers you need on here in time.

Good luck with your weight loss journey.

Hi Becca, I also went to the group session in Sunderland in FEB and have not heard anything??? Shall I contact them do you think? Have you found out what the appointment is for? im starting to get anxious that im lost in the system lol? eek?

hi and welcome, im a sunderland girl too and am a one stage further than yourself, your fist appointment like Jayne says should be with consultant and dietician, you get weighed fill out a load of question and answer sheets and then when you go into your appointment you are asked about history and eatting patterns and such like - and they will take to you about diff types of surgery and what they recommend. you may also be set a weight loss goal , i was dreading mine but it was only 8lbs which i have already lost . i waited six months from group session to 1 st appointment and i am afraid to say the next appointment isnt until december, which i very concerned about as my consultant did say my surgery would be done this year - i keep telling myself it doesnt matter how long it takes to get there as long as i get there in the end and you just need to stay positive but i understand how hard it is when you are just sitting waiting for an appointment or something to happen.

hope to see you at one of the support meetings, theres one this week i'm sure Liz will let you know the details

keep smiling

chris

Last edited:
hi,

im a sunderland patient too. i was referred in may 2009 and attended the seminar in the august i was then told i would recieve and appointment to meet the dietician. i got my appointment for the january where i met the dietician and the nurse. they gave me a weight loss target of 10lbs which is not bad i thought it would be a lot more. i then had to wait for my next appointment which is 23rd of august where i will be told if i can have the surgery i have managed to lose 21lbs so i cant see why they would say no. i have been told that at this appointment if everything goes to plan then i will have to wait 4-6 weeks for and endoscopy and then its about an 18 week wait for the surgery after that. it all seems like such a long time but the past year has gone really quickly and i just focus on my goal and not the length of time. hope this has been of some use to you. have you been to any of the weight loss meetings. the people there are so lovely and supportive and they are full of usefull info. maybe see you there one time. take care.

hi,

Im heavier now then when i went to the first group surgery - i now have my appointment with nurse/dietician - will this go against me? im worried now as i wasnt expecting this appointment until july time so thought i had time!

im a Sunderland patient too i hope you found the seminar helpfull on the 26th, our next support group meeting will be on June 24th in the room you attended the seminar 6-8pm, its for both pre and post op patients and you will be very welcome to attend xx

Liz x

Back