• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello, newbie here, banded yesterday!

traysomm

Hello everyone, and thanks for all the invaluable info I have gained on this site! I was banded yesterday at Dolan Park by Dr. Paul Super, who was indeed super. Staff here were very friendly, I was allowed to leave at 7 this morn and back home in South Wales now, sore but very happy. I would like to lose at least 5 stone by next Nov as I am 50 and travelling to Thailand. Currently am 232 lbs.

Tray x

Banded

Hi I was banded last Saturday in dolan park by David hewinn where in South Wales are you from I am from risca near Newport gwent

Hello! Welcome, and congratulations on your surgery!

Kirsty

Hello and welcome
Hope you have a good weight loss journey xxxx

It's going good I feel great don't feel like I have had anything done hopefully it will stay the same I have already lost 6 lb since Saturday haven't felt hungry had some wind pain but not a great deal how are you feeling ;)

Hi everyone, thanks for the welcome! I hope to be picking all of your brains and I can see you all support one another which I think is superb, the weight losses are amazing, well done!
Minn wow what a fantastic start you must be chuffed!
I,m 24 hours in and not hungry as expected, still quite sore, I,ve had half a latte made with half a Cambridge vanilla satchel and coffee whiz zed up in the blender and I couldn't move after it! I,m going to be learning a hike I think lol!
I,m so happy with my decision, only decided on 20/October ...and went for it...been in tears too many years now, I,m sure you all know what that that's like.
Happy happy happy x

Tray

hi and welcome :)

We share the same surgeon although different providers, but welcome to banded life :)

Hello Los bandergirl and Kat, love reading all your posts...thanks for the welcome. Got a week and a half off work so will be on here for moral support! Thanks again

Tray x

Hello happy happy happy tray :D

Welcome to banded life. Enjoy the journey. I started mine in July 2011 being banded by the Super surgeon at Dolan and lost over 11st ... You can achieve your goals if you work for it ... Looking forward to reading your progress updates :)

Hi flutterby, thanks for that welcome! Wow you have done amazing! I just feel like I,m done crying over my weight and it's down to me and my band...whom we,ve called Sheila, lol. I,ve kept it from some friends and work colleagues, how did you manage with outing it? Or do You think it's best to be open from day one?
Tray x

I told my closest friends and my parents, but that's it. I've not told work and I've not told my extended family. If asked I will tell, but I prefer not to mention it. It's an individual choice, it can be easier to tell everyone, but by nature I'm quite a private person.

Hi Sarah, yes I,m with you on that, it's no one else's business is it. I,m sure there,l be some tricky questions to answer, but hey ho I guess I,l deal with it as and when.
In quite a bit of pain today, my fault as I can't sit still and been bending to polish etc! Doing nowt else all day haha

Tray x

Back