• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello Peeps

seemeefeet

Just joined & wanted to say Hi..
Hope this is the correct way to introduce myself?

Doesn't seem to be many males on here ? ( now I will be proved wrong I normally am!!):rolleyes:

I'm looking at getting a Gastric wrap done in Prague as I'm going private ( cheaper)
Leaning toward Prague Beauty as a all in package... Been accepted and a date given which I couldn't make :cry:
Waiting for a new date towards the end of April..

Any males on here had it done there that want to advise anything? Actually any advice from anyone is welcome.

Well done to all you post oppers, & good luck to those waiting..

I'll let you know any further updates when they happen :4633:

Welcome to the site :) There are males here you'll be glad to know but I am not one of them, sorry! I'm sure a few will be along shortly to say hello. Good luck on your journey. The "male" description will show up on your profile but needs to be added in - so you may want to add that you are a male when you get a moment ;) (under User CP, edit your details, gender).

welcome Seemeefeet, I am one of the minority who has XY chromosome on here so your not alone ;) I'm looking to get funding for bypass so not overly familiar with the WRAP. but there is a good number of Wrap'pers who can help you with this so your in good hands

Welcome to the site. There are some males on here but you are right it is mainly ladies, but we all have the same thing in common. You will learn a lot from reading the various posts on here and whilst they may not all have direct relevance to you they will give you a much deeper and more personal insight than you will get from any professionals.
I was banded this week in this country so don't have anything to add about Prague or wrapping but happy to help with anything else that may be worrying you.

Thank's Slaz, already been reading loads on here. So much information some relevent some not. I like the friendly chat & encouragement given to others.. I will let everyone know when i have my new date arranged, might even post a blog from a male perspective..

Thank you again...

Well, I have got a new date....... April 27th. Going with Prague Beauty.. Is anyone else going?

A little confused though as I was told that I don't have to do a pre-op diet, yet every one on here seems to have done one?

Getting excited & nervous at the same time now.. I will post more when I have had it for sure, there will be a lot of diet questions..
Being a male living on my own its been a lazy diet or rubbish foods that are quick & easy.. That will all need to change :)

Bye for now Richard...

Well, I have got a new date....... April 27th. Going with Prague Beauty.. Is anyone else going?

A little confused though as I was told that I don't have to do a pre-op diet, yet every one on here seems to have done one?

Getting excited & nervous at the same time now.. I will post more when I have had it for sure, there will be a lot of diet questions..
Being a male living on my own its been a lazy diet or rubbish foods that are quick & easy.. That will all need to change :)

Bye for now Richard...

Congratulations on getting your date! I know all providers advise different things regarding pre op diet. Eg some have to do the milk diet and others have to do low carb high protein. The purpose of it is to shrink the liver to make your op easier and safer so I'm not sure of any provider that would advise you not to do any pre op diet at all. I would double check that and ask them why you don't need to do one.

Hello and Welcome!! I am just over a year post wrap and 11 stone down. I am surprised you haven't been given a pre-op diet. I didn't use that company, I went to Brno for my wrap. I would speak to your consultant to make sure you have been given all the info you need. x

Hi Seemeefeet...Yippeee I have found someone else who is going with PB. I was starting to get a bit panicky. Yes I have been told I don't need to do a pre op diet but I thought it was because my BMI is on the low side (ish). When have you booked in?

Hi Reederroo,
Booked for April 27th... BMI is also on the lower side so no pre op diet.. Just been given my post op diet.... Oh well the end result will be worth it?
When you going?

Hi there. I am hoping for 23 May but just waiting for the surgeon to confirm. I will be looking forward to hearing about your experience. Are you all excited? or is that a bit girlie lol ?

Yes I'm excited but apprehensive too. Being a male all this weighing food only liquids etc etc is a bit overwhelming for me... I hate cooking for one when I get home from work so it's normally a sandwich, microwave or takeaway... I will muddle through it & I'm sure someone on here will have some recipes that are easy. Lol...

I'll try & keep you informed as to how I get on over there.. Good luck.

When I first looked at the post diet sheet it did seem a little complicated. Will let you muddle through first and then I will have you to guide me ha ha.

can i ask you what made you decide on PB. Did you have a recommendation?

Hi again Reederroo..
Not so much a recommendation, just read their Internet site.. A few bits of feedback. I was worried as not many people on here seem to have used them, bit each to there own..
I could have saved money going elsewhere but I like the whole package scenario ( I'm a male can't be doing with all the different arranging) & the saving didn't bother me..

If I ever get to 50 posts I would pm you as to what it's like as it happens but just when I got to around 40 it dropped down to 15????????

I'll try & come back while I'm there to keep you updated?

Any one else flying out of Heathrow on 25/04 ??

Hi Seemefeet

Thanks for the reply. I am trying to get my posts up to 50 then see what the world of PM is lol. Not long at all for you now... It will be here before you know it. Will be looking forward to your update xx

Hi LifesAJourney, nice to meet you xx

You know your cars, I've been out enjoying in it today enjoying the sun.. Hope I recover ASAP as there are a few shows coming up.
Roll on next week, a new beginning :0)

I love cars, muscle cars and the old rods are my favourite. Haven't been to a show for a few years though. Last one I went to was Viva Las Vegas Rockabilly Weekender in 2010.

Hi guys

It was drive it day today so should have been loads of classics on the roads.
We doing loads of shows this year.
Iam all 60s.
Got 10 of them

Back