• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Band booked 28th feb

Wow you had a rough time, how did you manage with the flight home?

I wouldn't say I've got lots of restriction but I can't eat as much as the previous weeks, I get a lot of head hunger but this is something that I have to re-educate as my body is not hungry. I've only got 1.5mls from op and they tried putting in another 2.5 mls but I couldn't swallow so they had to take out 1.5mls, my band is sensitive, what ever that means. I am booked in for another infill on the 19th March, I think they will only try putting in 1/2 mill this time.

Can't believe you are going back to work so soon, make sure you take it easy, I took two weeks of sick, I never used my holiday allowance. Make sure you are drinking plenty and try a hot milky coffee/protein shake or soup every four hours, otherwise the band will get tight and you will find it hard to drink. Also try peppermint tea for the wind, or windeze tabs. Hope you get on well at work tomorrow, let me know how you get on x

Wow you had a rough time, how did you manage with the flight home?

I wouldn't say I've got lots of restriction but I can't eat as much as the previous weeks, I get a lot of head hunger but this is something that I have to re-educate as my body is not hungry. I've only got 1.5mls from op and they tried putting in another 2.5 mls but I couldn't swallow so they had to take out 1.5mls, my band is sensitive, what ever that means. I am booked in for another infill on the 19th March, I think they will only try putting in 1/2 mill this time.

Can't believe you are going back to work so soon, make sure you take it easy, I took two weeks of sick, I never used my holiday allowance. Make sure you are drinking plenty and try a hot milky coffee/protein shake or soup every four hours, otherwise the band will get tight and you will find it hard to drink. Also try peppermint tea for the wind, or windeze tabs. Hope you get on well at work tomorrow, let me know how you get on x

The journey home was awful, I really struggled to walk so far, it felt like I walked miles in the airport, I had to go to the bathroom and shed some tears, I was so relieved to be home in my own bed, my mum and husband have really looked after me. I had to take the time off as holidays as my boss knew the op I was having was my choice and was privately funded by me, so there is no way he would have gave me sick days, it's just a small business I work for. I'm managing around 2 litres of water and a couple of protein shakes along with cuppa soup and yoghurt. I am each day finding I can drink more and more. The head hunger is something I have had today, just thinking about food and watching others eat, not actually feeling hungry within myself, I am looking forward to going onto puréed food, getting sick of the liquids but it's got to be done, I will let you know how I get on tomorrow, fingers crossed I'm ok with it, take care.

The hunger will make your tired and the lack of calories. Not long till you can go onto the pureed stage, I never want to see a protein shake again. Good luck tomorrow x

The hunger will make your tired and the lack of calories. Not long till you can go onto the pureed stage, I never want to see a protein shake again. Good luck tomorrow x

Hi Donna, I managed today but started feeling pain in my tum around lunch time, ploughed on till 5pm but finished work in a lot of pain, I have told them I won't be in tomorrow as the last thing I need is to end up back in Birmingham, I'm just going to rest tomorrow and see how I go. Quite scary that I have gone backwards with this now, I will need to be more careful, hope your doing well.

Hi Donna, I managed today but started feeling pain in my tum around lunch time, ploughed on till 5pm but finished work in a lot of pain, I have told them I won't be in tomorrow as the last thing I need is to end up back in Birmingham, I'm just going to rest tomorrow and see how I go. Quite scary that I have gone backwards with this now, I will need to be more careful, hope your doing well.

It took around 11 days from the date of surgery to feel semi normal again, I was shocked yesterday when you said you were going back to work so quickly. I remember going into work to take my sick note in after 6 days, I could hardly walk or breath. Take it easy and look after yourself, take painkillers every four hours to cope with the pain. Believe me it does get easier xx

Hugs Carol get lots of rest hun. Hope work were ok with you not going in tomorrow, try and take it easy hun don't push yourself, you've just had major surgery, i know i was at least 2 weeks before i was back to near normal, Dont make yourself ill or send yourself backwards hun. Promise me you will rest up, work will have to wait till your fully recovered x x x

I spoke to the nurse today, she said its probably the muscle the port is sewn to, been advised to take it easy, which I have, the pain has subsided and I am feeling a little better, I feel so guilty not being at work, I just feel they think this op is nothing and that I should be fine, one girl at work has compared it to having her gallbladder removed and she was fine in 2 days, I just feel they think I am taking advantage, I shouldn't feel like this I know, the main thing is I get better and this is what I need to focus on.

You take whatever time you need to recover it is major surgery & everyone is different.

band fitted 16.01.14

I spoke to the nurse today, she said its probably the muscle the port is sewn to, been advised to take it easy, which I have, the pain has subsided and I am feeling a little better, I feel so guilty not being at work, I just feel they think this op is nothing and that I should be fine, one girl at work has compared it to having her gallbladder removed and she was fine in 2 days, I just feel they think I am taking advantage, I shouldn't feel like this I know, the main thing is I get better and this is what I need to focus on.

You need to get the doctor to sign you off work,you have had a major operation plus you are not eating yet, your body is week and you need to take care of yourself xx

Thanks guys, I have told them I need today and tomorrow which will take me to Friday I will then decide whether to go in or not, I have also explained that the surgery is quite major and I need more rest. I'm lying on couch with the duvet now watching loose women and chilling.

Thanks guys, I have told them I need today and tomorrow which will take me to Friday I will then decide whether to go in or not, I have also explained that the surgery is quite major and I need more rest. I'm lying on couch with the duvet now watching loose women and chilling.

Sounds like heaven to me, enjoy the rest! You will feel better before you know it xx

Back