• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Band booked 28th feb

Carolb15

Hi I'm new, would like to introduce myself.I am having the band, I'm around 15 stone 5ft 4 and struggled with my weight now for years, I have tried everything and succeeded in loosing weight only to over eat and gain it all back and some. I have had enough, I have booked privately with THG and surgeon is Martin Richardson. I am scared but feel I am doing the right thing for me. I am married and have a 10 yr old son. My husband is supportive although the cost of this has put a strain on our finances for which I feel guilty. I start my pre op diet in 5 days. Thanks for reading and anyone that feels like a chat please reply.

welcome from a fellow bander altho approaching 18 months out from surgery, my son who was just coming up to 12 when I had my surgery was a huge motivation for my having the surgery. Yes it was financially difficult as a single parent all of the income into the house is what I earn, bug it was also about funding a valance and having a life.

As my provider pointed out to me, I could well be dead very soon if I didn't do something about it, so here I am. My band has changed my life, it isn't without problems and it can be a hard journey, if you're prepared to work with the band it will aid you to lose weight, but it is an aid to doing so and not the solution.

I'm still battling to find restriction and I'm currently having my band investigated as to why if hasn't worked in restricting, however by it's placement alone I've lost 11 stone and that for me is worth everything :)

Thank you for your post, you have done fantastic even struggling with restriction, it's very helpful reading through everyone's experiences. I totally understand that this is a tool and it is down to me to make the right choices regarding food I hope I am half as determined and successful as you. I am excited about my journey ahead and how I want so badly to feel good about myself again.

Hi there :) im a baby bander lol had mine fitted thursday. like you hope to follow in the footsteps of these great losers. welcome and very good luck x x x

I am excited about my journey ahead and how I want so badly to feel good about myself again.

And you will :) I think if we have strong underlying motivations, of knowing how we want to feel, it can really help us along the way, especially when things are difficult!

Welcome to the forum! I felt guilty for spending money on my surgery too but the savings in groceries and medications for diabetes has more than paid for the op now :).

I can honestly say since having my surgery on the 5th January 2014, the family shopping bill has halved, Its the best thing that I have ever done, it is not easy but as long as you have a supportive family and friends around you, you will do well. Congratulations on taking your first step towards weight loss.

Hi there I've just joined the site so not sure on how to post - hope this works. I'm having my surgery on 20th feb. I'm 5 5 and 13 1/2 stone, so we're not too dissimilar. Be good to exchange views etc I'm nervous, but excited how about you?

Hello and welcome!

I had the same surgeon as you. He did a good job on me and I'm sure he will for you - good luck! x

Hi there, I am now third day on milk diet, I had some Cambridge shakes left from a previous diet, then once they are finished I have herbal life I think that is ok to use, the first day was definitely the worst but this is something I am so excited about, the days seem to be going so quickly, good luck with your surgery you can let me know how it goes, where are you having it done.

That's great to know that you had him too for your op, I am trying to reply to each quote but don't know if I am doing it right, I hope you each can tell who I am replying to lol, you have had a great loss so far.

Hi there I've just joined the site so not sure on how to post - hope this works. I'm having my surgery on 20th feb. I'm 5 5 and 13 1/2 stone, so we're not too dissimilar. Be good to exchange views etc I'm nervous, but excited how about you?
Think I've got it now lol, yes I am nervous but more excited I would say, I just can't stop thinking how good I am going to feel in the months to come, I have so many nice clothes that I long to wear, I am so sick of wearing the same stuff all the time, I refuse to spend any money on clothes at my size, jeggings every day lol

Welcome to the forum! I felt guilty for spending money on my surgery too but the savings in groceries and medications for diabetes has more than paid for the op now :).
I bet it has, I spent so much money on my binge eating, more than anybody knows lol, no more of that though, on the road to being happy and healthy.

Hi there :) im a baby bander lol had mine fitted thursday. like you hope to follow in the footsteps of these great losers. welcome and very good luck x x x
I know it's not been long since your surgery but how are you feeling now, have you lost any since the surgery. It's great to read everyone's views and experiences.

Back