• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

gastric band on 24 th feb 09

Nik Nak 83

Hi there,

I'm new to the site and have a consultation on 21st feb with op booked for 24th feb in Birmingham with Dr. Martin Richardson.

Is anyone doing the same or have already done this?

I'm scared of the op, but more scared of it not working! Any advice is welcome.

Thanks,

Nikki

Hi Niki, I've not had a band, i'm due for a Gastric Bypass soon. I just wanted to say hello and welcome to minimins and good luck with your journey, x

Hi Nikki, welcome to Mini's :)

We have lots of banders here at all stages, pre and post op. Which hospital are you going to?

Shel

hi Nikki, welcome to Minimins.

hi and welcome i was banded 4mnths ago and best thing i ever did , i didnt go to same hosp as you are tho, just listen to what dr says ask any questions you can think of and good luck

Welcome Nik Nak any questions just ask there is always someone who can help

Hi good luck for your op mine is next sun the 15th cant wait, tommorrow I start milk diet yuk hate milk
sandra

Hi Niki welcome to mini's i am a bypasser but there are a fair few on here who have been to or are going to Dollon park, ask away someone will answer all your questions

As for feeling scared, its natural, its something totally different and you are opening yourself up to look at things differently.... try not to worry about it

Good luck on the band :)

Hi Nikki it would be great if you could keep posting with how you are getting on. I am really interested as I am going to Dolan Park too for a band.

Regards. Prinny.

Thanks guys, you have been very reassuring.

Will definately keep you updated Prinny... when's yours and who's you surgeon ?

P.s please excuse my very bad spelling

My consultation is on the 27th feb and my surgery is booked for the 2nd March.
My surgeon is Prof McMahon, not alot of people on here seem to have had him. I did look him up and he did Buster Bloodvesels (80's singer) gastric banding and is supposed to be okay.
Have just checked back and you are having your consulation in feb as well. We will be roughly at the same stages then, be sure to share your experiences I love it on here-really helps.

Prinny Prof McMahon and Mr Simon Dexter and two of the countries most experienced and respected surgeons. You are in very safe and fantastic hands.. I think a lot of NHS patients won't have heard of them as they are very difficult to get on the NHS and often have to close there waiting lists.

I used to be under the care of Mr Dexter when I had my band and often saw
Prof McMahon wondering in and out of offices he was a very kind looking man.

I am pleased that some one else has actually heard of him (and he isn't dodgey!) thanks Alexa. I am pleased he looks okay, I had my wisdoms done in hospital by a Harold Shipman look alike...............lets just say I was a wee bit scared

Back