• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello there!

united_trekkie

Hi All, Well here I am at 44 yrs old after trying every diet known to man, Atkins, WW, Slimming World, Lipotrim etc etc - I think you all know where I'm coming from !! I am at my heaviest weight 21 st 7lbs and 5ft 2, so fed up (no pun intended) I can no longer exercise due to the effect of the weight on my back and knees.:cry:

So I went to see my GP on 21st December and he agreed to refer me to the hospital for a gastric band :D- he was very supportive and said if it was his decision he would say yes as it is likely to be the cheaper option in the long run Just hope the appointment and answer come soon.;)

Hi Tracey,
Yep I understand where you're coming from. I reckon I should have a lifetime award medal for weightwatchers!!
Hope you get some news soon x

hi tracey, i think we all know where you are comming from, it has got to a point in most of our lives that we know we need help with losing weight, well on this site we are all friends, and all fighting the bulge lol some have succeded and some are on there way, well i hope you get funding soon hun.

Good luck with your weight loss journey x

:)Welcome Tracey and good luck with your referral

Hi Tracey,

It was December last year that my GP referred me, and now here I am a year later, was bypassed 4 months ago and am nearly 5 stones lighter.

Use this time while you are waiting for your hospital appointment to do as much research as you can into all the WLS options.

Look forward to getting to know you xx

Hi, welcome to the forum. I'm fairly new myself but I've already found that everyone is really supportive and very helpful and I have found it to be a very good source of 'insider' information. You know, all those little things that make your journey easier that the doctors don't tell you etc. I've picked up a vast amount of valuable information in the short time I've been here. Hope you find it just as useful. Hope to see you around the forum. Jaxx xx

Hi, welcome and good luck on your journey. I will reiterate everything everyone else has said and one more thing....

Listen to the advice off the consultant at the hospital, when i originally went for a consultation i wanted the gastric band but after discussing eating habits etc a bypass was recommended....

I would cheat if i had the band, i'd eat the things that made me fat in the first place and i'd probably do the slider foods too... With the bypass that option is removed... Do all your research and then make an INFORMED decision...

So many good wishes for your journey and i hope you get the result you want xx

Thanks everyone for a very warm welcome. I'd like to wish everyone a very Happy New Year and good luck with all our weight loss journey's

hi there welcome and good luck. I was seen at the hospital last December and told I could have a bypass and now I am 9 weeks post op and have lost 5 stone already. Looking forward to getting to know you, we are a friendly lot on here and full of answers too so ANYTHING you need to know ask away there is always someone here with an answer xxxx

Back