• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

hello

brenda29

hello everybody, im brenda currently on the waiting list for a gastric bypass at sunderland royal, had endoscopy june any ideas how long i should expect to wait? thanks x:):):)

hello everybody, im brenda currently on the waiting list for a gastric bypass at sunderland royal, had endoscopy june any ideas how long i should expect to wait? thanks x:):):)
Hi Brenda :) cant help you im afraid, but welcome and good luck :) xxx

Hi Brenda and good luck with your weight loss journey! Sorry cant help as I'm having my surgery in Darlington. Hope you don't have to wait too long xxx

Hi Brenda, Welcome :) x

Hi Brenda. Last year I had my endoscopy in September and was offered a cancellation in the January for Sunderland. I think your endoscopy needs to come back ok first, then it depends if there are cancellations or not. Mr. Small told me he had an extra weekend list for low risk patients he'd just started in order to reduce waiting times.
Good luck

gonnabethinner said:
Hi welcome to the site. Hope all goes well, and hopefully wont be too long before your all done dusted and on the loosers bench.

Thanks, cant wait for it to happen x

j.u.s.t.l.i.z. said:
hi brenda i run there support group, im liz, our next meeting is august 30th in the education centre between 6-8pm, your very welcome to come along and meet some post op bypassers, i also have a FB group dedicated to srh patients, feel free to add me via the F icon on the left if your interested xx from endoscopy its usually at the most 6 months wait x

Thanks, will try and get there xx

ceejay said:
Hi Brenda. Last year I had my endoscopy in September and was offered a cancellation in the January for Sunderland. I think your endoscopy needs to come back ok first, then it depends if there are cancellations or not. Mr. Small told me he had an extra weekend list for low risk patients he'd just started in order to reduce waiting times.
Good luck

Thanks, got the all clear from endoscopy, that was may 30th, just waiting, i know its going to happen, just a bit too impatient!x

:welcome:

I had my op at Sunderland 7 weeks ago and waited exactly 6 months from endo to surgery. The last few months on the list dragged but you'll get there in the end - best of luck x

newcy said:
:welcome:

I had my op at Sunderland 7 weeks ago and waited exactly 6 months from endo to surgery. The last few months on the list dragged but you'll get there in the end - best of luck x

Thanks, just seems to have gone on for ever since that first seminar! How long did u have to do the pre op diet, was it the milk one?x

I only did pre-op diet for 4 days since I got the call on Monday and was admitted Friday. Since I don't like milk, I did the low fat/low carb one. I had a terrible headache by the end of day 1, but it cleared as the next day went on and this seems common. I e-mailed the dietician and was told you can take paracetamol, so not too bad. You can also chew sugar free gum to help the bad taste in your mouth. It's not too bad and worth it in the long run..

That's very interesting that they are putting on a sat surgery.... I am only 33 with about 8 stone to lose and no co morbities so do you think I'd be low risk?

I just missed out on a surgery date of August 11th and I'm waiting on the 25th being confirmed, which are both Saturday's........

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Back