• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello

annemieke_loves

Hi all, I've recently decided that a bypass is the only way forward for me! My op is due next month, and I'm petrified but excited! I'm having my op at chelsfield in Orpington, any been there.xx

Hiya, I'm not at Orpington but just wanted to say Hi :) Good luck on your journey :)

Thanks! I'm hoping to get my information pack next week, so I can get my head around things, and what I need to know about pre op diet etc.I've never had an operation before, or been in hospital, so scared!

I'm the same hun (apart from when I had my daughter) never been in hospital or had an op - want to get it over and done with now. I just keep thinking about how I'll be this time next year :)

Can't wait to hear how you get on! What you having? :)

You're having a bypass aren't you!! :)

I'm having the sleeve privately, I applied for NHS but my Dr was convinced I wouldn't get it and to be honest I couldn't wait for ages to find out. Are you private or NHS?

I'm also going private, I didn't even bother asking gp about nhs, as I know it takes ages and it's extremely hard to get it. With a young family to think of, I can't wait that long. How much have you got to loose? Which provider are you going with?

Hello and welcome :) I'm not in Orpington either but wish you much luck on your journey. May is just around the corner! ;) x x

Ah thanks samsara! I haven't even told my parents yet, bit scared of their reaction tbh!
I'm seeing them on Wednesday (they live abroad) and then I'm telling them

I know - it's hard telling people. I've only told my parents and my very closest friends. Best of luck telling your parents :) x x

You know the NHS doesn't always take forever, I was at Luton and Dunstable and from first appointment to op was less than six months. I started out by having a private appointment with |Mr Jain at the Spire at Harpenden in the August, he suggested I tried NHS route so went back to GP and asked her. Between us we got evidence together and applied to the PCT. I had the op the following June. I also got to choose when I had it, because the original date offered I was on holiday!!

Good luck

Oh wow izzyanne, you're lucky! I'm in London, and it's very very hard in my area, my go told me it would be about 2 years, and told me it would be better to go private, and I agree, I can't wait another 2 years!

Hi annemieke_loves I would like to know how you get on as I'm also having my op at chelsfield. P.s good luck.

Back