• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello

Yes I am under the NHS, for a bypass, referred in October, given funding at the start of this year, have had all my appointments and am hopefully having my op July/August. I have also delayed the op as l am on holiday in June.
So it can happen quickly on the NHS.
Good Luck on your journey.

Sorry annemieke_loves just saw your post :)
I'm at the Cobham Clinic which is within the Luton & Dunstable NHS hospital. I've got 6 stone to loose. How much have you got to loose? x

I can't wait to get it done now :)

wishing you all the best, i havent told my parents, just my son 15 and my stepson 19 and obviously my husband and two very good friends from work. My youngest is 6 and she would fret so ill say im away with work which isnt too unusual.
Hope it goes well when you tell yours xx

Hope so too! Hope they won't try and change my mind or something ;-)
Can't wait to get my info pack, so I can start thinking about pre op diet, making arrangements etc properly

Cannot Decide

Hi, I am new to this site, I have recently had a consultation with regards to getting a gastric band, I am so very nervous and scared I cannot decide 100% whether to go for it or not, I have saved up the required fee to go private, I am suffering from severe sleep apnoea and really need to loose weight, I have spent my whole life being overweight, I am just scared that I am making a mistake by having surgery, any advice from banders would be so v v v v welcome, am having a bit of a meltdown mentally over what to do!

thanks in advance for any help x:8855::8855::8855:

Hi, I am new to this site, I have recently had a consultation with regards to getting a gastric band, I am so very nervous and scared I cannot decide 100% whether to go for it or not, I have saved up the required fee to go private, I am suffering from severe sleep apnoea and really need to loose weight, I have spent my whole life being overweight, I am just scared that I am making a mistake by having surgery, any advice from banders would be so v v v v welcome, am having a bit of a meltdown mentally over what to do!

thanks in advance for any help x:8855::8855::8855:

Welcome to the forum Gems, as you say you have just found this site you need to read all you can and then ask specific questions you may still have. All the people on here have faced the same issues as you and you will find a wealth of knowledge based on personal experiences and also plenty of support. Good luck.

Hi Gems123, I'm pre op so I haven't got much advice to give but just wanted to say Hi and welcome you to the forum. Everyone is lovely here, so it is worth posting your questions :)

Hi guys i'm new on here and i'm going through the NHS as I can't afford private. My surgeon has recommended the bypass as the Better op for me however i'm undecided between that and the sleeve. My worry is putting weight back on with the sleeve and with the bypass its everything from dumping to the 3 monthly vit b injections. I'm 5"1 and about 8 stone over weight. I have 2 daughters and during my last pregnancy I suffered with spd so my mobility is not great. I'm 34 and don't want to be like this any more. Its a really hard decision. Any info on life after both op's would be helpful. Thanks x

Just to add that I had a bypass 11 months ago and still have not needed any b12 injections so dont let that part put you off.

Thank u piglet8 I'll check with my surgeon if this is necessity as part of the NHS agreement because that's how he made it sound x

Yeah check it out but I would imagine that it's only given if clinically indicated, not routinely if you're having normal b12 levels. I have so far only needed I multi vitamin tablet a day and all my bloody been grand X

I had my op on the 9/6/12 so about 11 months now, it's been flying by so fast! I have been uber lucky, no adverse reactions what so ever just a straight forward ride so far and lost over 6 stone taking me from size 22 to 10 with the odd size 8 thrown in. When do you think you'll have your op?

Wow! See I read that and I can't apply it to me its hard to get my head around lol. The last time I was a size ten I was 12 yrs old! You have done brilliantly by the way. How hard (or easy) had ur journey been? I'm hoping my op will be done later this year. I've done most of my tests I think I have only 2 more to do. I'm still waiting to see my surgeon to give him my decision x

Back