• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello

I know how difficult it can be, went through the same patch a week ago and it took so much to get back on track but I persisted because this has to work - you can do it. All the best on Wednesday!

Visit to Luton went very well. Saw a medical doctor to assess my suitability for surgery and he was happy to refer me on. Weight stable so that made me happy. ECG ok. echo on 4 January, sleep study result 9 January so lots happening. Now have to meet nurse, dietician and psychologist ....... possibly surgery June/July next year, but first mention of possible surgery date yippee!!

Visit to Luton went very well. Saw a medical doctor to assess my suitability for surgery and he was happy to refer me on. Weight stable so that made me happy. ECG ok. echo on 4 January, sleep study result 9 January so lots happening. Now have to meet nurse, dietician and psychologist ....... possibly surgery June/July next year, but first mention of possible surgery date yippee!!
Oh wow Maria, how very exciting, your journey has definitely stepped up a gear I'm so so sooooo pleased for you, after your results appointment on 9th January will your next one be the MDT, great progress and glad your weight was stable too, go girl......:hugs:

Oh wow Maria, how very exciting, your journey has definitely stepped up a gear I'm so so sooooo pleased for you, after your results appointment on 9th January will your next one be the MDT, great progress and glad your weight was stable too, go girl......:hugs:
Hi Hun the appt on 9 Jan is at Hemel Hospital about sleep studies only. I will be sent an appointment from Luton for MDT so don't know when that will be yet. Just wish you were at this stage too. Good luck to you and thanks so much for your support. You are doing fantastically too xxx

No update for a while, struggling at the moment. Waiting for MDT appointments at Luton before I can finally get on the waiting list. Very frustrating, feel like I am in limbo at the moment

I hope you get some further information soon. I remember eventually having to try and ignore the whole thing for a while before I drove myself crazy!

I understand the reasons for having to jump through hoops when we choose the NHS route but from what I have read and heard they do sometimes Test us to the limit, feel so much for you XxXx

Well positive news at last. Got my appointments for MDT on Tuesday 7th March and hope to finally get on the waiting list xxx
Yay... excellent news Maria, and not that long to wait now, the MDT is the one thing that is scaring me so I look forward to every detail or your update, wow surgery in 2017 for sure and hopefully by the summer XxXx

Well positive news at last. Got my appointments for MDT on Tuesday 7th March and hope to finally get on the waiting list xxx
That's brill really happy for you I had my MDT on the 30th DEC the didn't refer me coz I gained some weight I was gutted as it was just from Xmas food. But finally saw them a month later and lost a stone so they sent me to anesthetist on 3rd Feb and seeing the surgeon on 16th march so trying to keep the weight off. I advise losing weight and keeping them happy or it will put you back many months I learnt the hard way. Even tho I had been 100% before Xmas I gained a little over xmas they want to see commitment. Hope all goes well. X

That's brill really happy for you I had my MDT on the 30th DEC the didn't refer me coz I gained some weight I was gutted as it was just from Xmas food. But finally saw them a month later and lost a stone so they sent me to anesthetist on 3rd Feb and seeing the surgeon on 16th march so trying to keep the weight off. I advise losing weight and keeping them happy or it will put you back many months I learnt the hard way. Even tho I had been 100% before Xmas I gained a little over xmas they want to see commitment. Hope all goes well. X
OMG you done so well to lose a stone in a month, much admiration to you, Marie has done amazingly well and has lost 2.5 stone so I'm sure she'll be ok, glad your moving now too, how was the MDT ?

OMG you done so well to lose a stone in a month, much admiration to you, Marie has done amazingly well and has lost 2.5 stone so I'm sure she'll be ok, glad your moving now too, how was the MDT ?
Wow that's amazing! She is doing great I have only lost that stone but my body struggles to maintain anything as iv got a condition that cause's issues so if he tells me off I think I may get cross lol
MDT was fine saw dietitian that's was fine saw the psychologist all was fine apart she was worried I was pushing for it to happen I said well iv been messed about for 18months and my life is non hold till iv had it so yes I'm pushing. Apart from that I was fine. Then saw the nurse and as I gained few lbs over Xmas (appointment was on 30th DEC) they wouldn't send me to the surgeon. So had to lose a stone in a month which actually turned out to be 3 weeks by the time they got back to me. But I did it.
Then saw anesthetist on 3rd Feb and spoke about things and what he will do and then got told to lose more weight if I can and so I am trying hard to.
What about yourself how are things moving for you? Xx

Wow that's amazing! She is doing great I have only lost that stone but my body struggles to maintain anything as iv got a condition that cause's issues so if he tells me off I think I may get cross lol
MDT was fine saw dietitian that's was fine saw the psychologist all was fine apart she was worried I was pushing for it to happen I said well iv been messed about for 18months and my life is non hold till iv had it so yes I'm pushing. Apart from that I was fine. Then saw the nurse and as I gained few lbs over Xmas (appointment was on 30th DEC) they wouldn't send me to the surgeon. So had to lose a stone in a month which actually turned out to be 3 weeks by the time they got back to me. But I did it.
Then saw anesthetist on 3rd Feb and spoke about things and what he will do and then got told to lose more weight if I can and so I am trying hard to.
What about yourself how are things moving for you? Xx
I've still got 4 months left of. My assessment which had to be a year unfortunately, I lost 7% on my initial milk diet and I've now lost 13% - 2 stone 3lb ..... just gotta wait until June now, have yet another appointment with dietician 30th March and she's booked for me to see physician at that appointment but she said that does mean I've been offered surgery it's just to check I'm healthy enough for anaesthetic, so again unfortunately just jumping through more hoops to reach that end goal x

Thanks for the warning about weight gain sweet cheek. I am trying very hard and hitting the gym classes big time. I have 10 days to make an impression on my 7 lbs weight gain before my MDT xx

Thanks for the warning about weight gain sweet cheek. I am trying very hard and hitting the gym classes big time. I have 10 days to make an impression on my 7 lbs weight gain before my MDT xx
I'm sure you'll be fine Hun, look at how well you have done so far, they can't take that away from you, well done on the gym, I just couldn't do that and you have my total admiration xx

Your doing amazing don't give up keep fighting. I drink cucumber,lemon and mint water you leave it in the fridge over night and drinking it the next day that helped me lose weight plus its refreshing and is nicer than plain water.
I have to lose more weight before seeing the surgeon I need to lose about 11lbs in just over two weeks its possible I just need to move more and eat less and lots of water. Keep us posted how you get on ,x

Your doing amazing don't give up keep fighting. I drink cucumber,lemon and mint water you leave it in the fridge over night and drinking it the next day that helped me lose weight plus its refreshing and is nicer than plain water.
I have to lose more weight before seeing the surgeon I need to lose about 11lbs in just over two weeks its possible I just need to move more and eat less and lots of water. Keep us posted how you get on ,x
I have gone back on milk diet, this is day 2. I did need a kick up the backside so you have really helped me. Also going to quite a few gym classes this week Better to be aware of this as it is a mission for us to get this surgery on the NHS. Thanks again xxx

Good luck with your weight loss xx

I have gone back on milk diet, this is day 2. I did need a kick up the backside so you have really helped me. Also going to quite a few gym classes this week Better to be aware of this as it is a mission for us to get this surgery on the NHS. Thanks again xxx
Oh wow hope the milk diet going okay? Your doing brill with the classes I wish I could do them. Iv been good apart from ten min ago I had a bowl of rice crispy because its 2.15am I can't sleep and I was so hungry bad choice but that's one small slip. I'll keep you posted. Did you try the cucumber water? Xx

Back