• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help!! 2010 gastric band

juliejack

Hi everyone

I have to have a mri on my knee and they can’t go ahead until I know what band I have 🙈🤷‍♀️

I had mine through the WLS Group ltd in 2010 but cannot remember which hospital even!! It was near leeds/Bradford?? Does anyone know how I could find out??
Thank you!!

Mazza

Administrator
Staff member
Hi, do you remember what size it is? I had my band fitted through them in 2009 at Preston. I was thinking if it was the same size it might be the same as mine. I'll probably have put the details in my diary, so should be able to find the info.

juliejack

Hi, do you remember what size it is? I had my band fitted through them in 2009 at Preston. I was thinking if it was the same size it might be the same as mine. I'll probably have put the details in my diary, so should be able to find the info.
Hi - thanks so much for reply - I honestly can’t remember! 🙈 how bad is that!! I wasn’t sure if there was way that I could at least contact someone who worked there to find out?? It’s a nightmare!! X

juliejack

hi again - what size is yours? It may ring some bells?? X

Mazza

Administrator
Staff member
Hi, I had mine removed in 2016 but had the same issue as you with needing an MRI. My band was a 9 mil capacity Swedish band SAGB. I remember as I nicknamed it Ulrika. WLS Group used this one for people with relatively low starting BMI's.

Where you a member on here at the time, I might be able to find any old threads if you remember your username? Xx

Bling Babe

Hi everyone

I have to have a mri on my knee and they can’t go ahead until I know what band I have 🙈🤷‍♀️

I had mine through the WLS Group ltd in 2010 but cannot remember which hospital even!! It was near leeds/Bradford?? Does anyone know how I could find out??
Thank you!!
Would you GP have details, they Should have sent details of the surgery to GP? Good luck

juliejack

Hi, I had mine removed in 2016 but had the same issue as you with needing an MRI. My band was a 9 mil capacity Swedish band SAGB. I remember as I nicknamed it Ulrika. WLS Group used this one for people with relatively low starting BMI's.

Where you a member on here at the time, I might be able to find any old threads if you remember your username? Xx

Hi - thank you so much! My username is what it is now as I never changed it 😊 xx

juliejack

I had BMI of 33 at the time so was considered low for surgery xx