• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

help !! Feel so Ill :(

helen144

Hi all

wonder whether anyone can give me some advice please

i had my nypass erm 13 weeks ago been doing ok and have lost 3 stone 9 pounds yay.

But over the past 2 weeks have started to feel quite ill, i can manage a good varied diet but i am exhausted all the time and takes all my effort even to stand up never mind go to work and come home and look after my 4 children.

Its as if my bones and muscles ache too , i tested my haemoglobin at work (im a midwife) it was only a quick test and i didnt send it off to the lab but that was ok and that was about 3 weeks ago.

I was very tempted to take myself up too A and E this evening as im getting a bit worried .

Helen xxxxx

If you're that worried about yourself Helen then go to A&E and have a check up hun. It may be something that is totally unrelated to your nypass or it may not.

You are clearly worried about yourself or you wouldn't have tested your haemoglobin or have posted this here tonight I think:confused:

PLease go and get some medical advice asap and let us all know how you are,

Isis xx :)

Hmmmm, best get tests done, sounds almost enimic like but I would be surprised after only 13 weeks, still I aint no doctor so best get your bloods tested just to be on safe side.

Hmmm, ask them to check your thyroid levels. That's exactly how I felt before my Hashimoto's (underactive thyroid) was diagnosed - tiredness down to my bones. It's surprisingly common and lots of us here on Minis have it. Its sometimes the reason we get fat in the first place, because our metabolism has slowed right down. xx

Hun pls go and get checked out if u carry on to feel bad and pls let us know how u r xxx

Hi Helen,

Are you taking all your vits and minerals? How about eating enough protein/drinking enough fluids?

I would ask for an FBC and B12 check, aswell as a TFT.

Hi helen sorry you feel weiry Hun , Ive been on b12 tablets from the 3rd week of my op along with iron tablet, forceval, selenaise, and solvazinc. I was checked last tuesday my first check up since my op and everything seems to be A o.k but I have to say I still feel tired a lot . I know I dont have to ask you if your drinking plenty I Imagine you will know all these things in your proffesion. But Helen go and get checked out any way for peace of mind. You work to hard Girl !!!!:p P.S well done on your weight loss too!!

hi all
i took yopur advice and went to a and e they looked at me as though i was thick lol

they did all my bloods and they all came back ok, my haemoglobin level was 12 so thats good not dehydrated as well the only thing was my blood pressure was low hahahaha i find that quite amusing it was 92/60 which is very low for me , the only blood result i dont have back is the thyroid function test which i will get from gp in a week.

its definately not flu just exhausted , im not taking protien supplements so maybe that is it i will buy some shakes tomorrow, god knows how i am goig to function on my 3 nights this week , oh and I have to go in hospital in 3 weeks for more surgery which has got me down too :(

hopefully when i see mr ammorri on the 1st october he might have a few ideas

thankyou so much for all your advice

helen xxx

Looks like your a wee bit late for your appointment allie:8855:did you mean the 30th Sept :cool:??? Gail.xx
Helen
Glad you got checked out and all is ok. I guess its trial and error to see what helps but i hope you find something soon. Looks like i'm just going to miss you i'm down seeing Mr Ammori on 3th Sept x

Hi helel sorry ive missed this over weekend and also not caught up with you on facebook. i know how busy yr life is but you really need to find some you time and make sure you look after yrself. kep taking them suppliments (regularly!!!!!!) get them fluids in and up that protien.
speak soon
carole

I hope you feel better and get your energy levels back up its an afwul feeling that .
Take care Mia

Back