• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

HELP!!! Feeling very uncomfortable......

kateyloo

:cry::cry::cry:Ouch ouch ouch - I am 5 days post op and have just had a bit of cream of chicken soup - I have already had this once this week (although I thinned it down with a little milk) and it was fine - but tonight I have had it (but didn't thin it out) and it's left me feeling really bloated and uncomfortable :( - I am worried I have damaged my pouch.... Also, because I am feeling so awful I am scared to take any of my evening/after food meds...... has anyone else ever experienced this :confused: xxx

oh dear Katieloo :(

obviously I'm in no position to help or give you some advice but wanted to send you a virtual hug and hope it doesn't last too long xx

Hi,

It's most likely wind pain from swallowing too quickly or too much at a time. It's very common in the early days. If meds are non urgent leave them for a couple of hours. Take it easy and you'll be fine. If there is someone else there ask them to rub your back like they were winding a baby and that should help.

Shel.

Thanks Beccles - you have all this to come :) - it's started to feel better now and I think maybe I just overdid it - what's really odd is that the area around one on my incisions keeps concaving and then when I eat it expands again - I am assuming this is the area around my new pouch :) xx

Happy to hear you are feeling better already. Its pretty scarey insnt it! Like Shell said its probably wind from eating too quickly or just a little bit too much. Try and take it really slowly, its so difficult at first as we are so used to bolting out food down. Im over 3 months out and I still do it sometimes but I always suffer for it after :eek: XX

ouchy, that doesn't sound nice. I'm not much help, but i hope you feel better soon xx

Hope you start feeling better soon sweetheart. I have read before on here that just because you were fine before it does'nt mean you'll be able to tolerate it again so I guess its all trial and error for a while. Good luck xx

Thanks everyone - I managed to take my zinc tablet and then after a short walk took myself off to bed and that seemed to do the trick.

I think I may have overdone it a little yesterday as I run a cupcake co on the side and had to do a small order so that probably didn't help - a case of too much too soon me thinks!

It was very strange making a batch of cupcakes and not being able to lick my fingers to test the cake mix/topping - I am sure they are fine and the kids will be enjoying them at their mad science party today! :) xx

Back