• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

someone tell me this gets better

stubad

ok i have had 2 nights of no sleep now and tonight is the 3rd, i am tired but just cant sleep at all, i have taken sleeping meds but no affect, if this is ketosis can anyone tell me if it gets better, because i cannot stand it anymore :cry:

I didn't do the milk diet so can't help, just remember, no matter how hard any of it is, it is WORTHWHILE. x

stubad said:
ok i have had 2 nights of no sleep now and tonight is the 3rd, i am tired but just cant sleep at all, i have taken sleeping meds but no affect, if this is ketosis can anyone tell me if it gets better, because i cannot stand it anymore :cry:

Day 3 is the worst, it gets better after that. I didn't feel hunger really from day 4 to op. Just keep your eye on the prize :)

Perseverence thats the key, i had a relaxation tape with head phones of an evening, with that and my cpap machine, going finally used to drift off had 1 of Paul Mackennas tapes, that used to relax me lovely and then intoi a sleep and passed the time away if I was needing to keep myself busy rather than eating something I shouldn't, worked a treat and in hospital kept me calm xx stick with it not long now, you'll be that exhausted you will be looking forward to getting put to sleep because you need the rest. xx be too tired to carexx

Perseverence thats the key, i had a relaxation tape with head phones of an evening, with that and my cpap machine, going finally used to drift off had 1 of Paul Mackennas tapes, that used to relax me lovely and then intoi a sleep and passed the time away if I was needing to keep myself busy rather than eating something I shouldn't, worked a treat and in hospital kept me calm xx stick with it not long now, you'll be that exhausted you will be looking forward to getting put to sleep because you need the rest. xx be too tired to carexx
i am looking forward to it i feel like an old man i managed about 2 hours so its not so bad but i really need to sleep tonight, x

You could try filling your stomach with a nice herbal tea like camomile or whichever you like. The combination of heat and weight in the stomach can trigger postprandial sleepiness and make it easy to fall asleep. You might have to get up to pee in the night though :) it works for me.

stubad said:

I was the exact same this week I started my pre op on Sunday! Mon and tue I cd not sleep at all no idea wat I was thinking about but at 4.30 I was still wide a wake. But the 3rd nite I slept fine and touch wood have been since! Hope in get sum sleep 2nite x

It does get better. The worst is the first 5 days. Keep focussed. You need to be in the right frame of mind for after the op anyway, so it's really worthwhile staying strong. Just remember this is the last time you'll have to do this!

Back