• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What have I done?

Karlos:Whoa.

I was only parroting what you have said to others who have "messed up" on their pre-op. I don't think I deserved quite that level of vitriole. I was trying to be amusing. I will obviously refrain "putting your words into my mouth" in future, in fact, having read this reply I will refrain from addressing anything you say as I think it was rude and aggressive when I was just trying to be lighthearted and amusing.

As to my supposed shortfall compared to your brilliant success at WLS...I beg to differ. I am 9 weeks post op as of tomorrow and have lost 32lbs so far, I look slim, (check my gallery pics) can fit into size 14s, so I find it incredibly unkind, and as has been said, self righteous, of you to say I haven't had your success.

Last edited:
Karlos:Whoa.

I was only parroting what you have said to others who have "messed up" on their pre-op. I don't think I deserved quite that level of vitriole. I was trying to be amusing. I will obviously refrain "putting your words into my mouth" in future, in fact, having read this reply I will refrain from addressing anything you say as I think it was rude and aggressive when I was just trying to be lighthearted and amusing.

As to my supposed shortfall compared to your brilliant success at WLS...I beg to differ. I am 9 weeks post op as of tomorrow and have lost 32lbs so far, I look slim, (check my gallery pics) can fit into size 14s, so I find it incredibly unkind, and as has been said, self righteous, of you to say I haven't had your success.

Maybe I over reacted Ruth I was on my way out of the door to Christies when I read your post but I saw what you posted as being equally rude and you having a sly pop, you said I would call this woman a Plonker but don't worry you would never dream of doing that because unlike me you see her as being human. If you think the OP is a Plonker then say it but don't make statements on my behalf to justify please. If you don't see putting her surgery at risk as being worthy of criticism then keep me out of it. Again maybe I'm a little raw today

I guess how you measure success is a moot point, you're doing incredibly well so far but losing weight in the early days is easy, in the first year weight loss is almost inevitable unless the patient really messes up, I prefer to measure it by reaching goal and then maintaining it for a year or so. That's real success and I have no doubt you will achieve success long term but right now it's too soon to say.

I find the ignore function a useful tool and would recommend you add my posts to your list

Hi daisy,Like others have said I'm sure you'll be fine. You realised what you'd done wrong and the potential consequences and acted in a way to stop it from escalating further. I would be more worried if you couldn't see the negitive side to your actions.
As others have said this is mainly a good site for positive support but there does seem to be certain individuals who seen unable to resist being nasty/rude, and I would say to just ignore them
Ruth- I would say the same to you and just ignore the nastiness. Be proud of what you have achieved so far, you are only 9 weeks post surgery and you done amazingly x

Don't worry we're not perfect that's why we need surgery in the first place. I had a band fitted in 2007 and no-one told me to go on a pre-op diet. Consequently I gorged right to the bitter end x

Ok deep breath hun, it has been done and now you need to get your head into gear!! Put notes on the fridge, and around the kitchen to remind you ths will stop any slips in memory.
No point beating yourself up, if this is what you really want you are going to have to sort your head out so that you can cope with the restrictions and ths time is like a prep for post op so use it to get ready for the journey and life changes that are going to happen.
:whoopass::asskick::whoopass::asskick:there thats your butt whooped and here is the future....
:gen126::gen126::gen126:

As I said Karlos; I was making light of something you once said. I didn't mean it to come across as rude, whereas you definitely did.

As to my weightloss; I had a lot less to lose than you; starting off at 200lbs; half of your starting weight. Inevitably it would come off slower; but I have every confidence in my sleeve and its help in my ability to make good food choices. And if I haven't yet reached the point in time to prove I have failed to maintain, how can you say I have a shortfall in success compared to you?

The ignore function is very tempting, my trouble is I get curious to see what I am missing!

I prefer to remain on good terms with people, not to ignore them. Sometimes however, this is impossible. Until now, I have been nothing but courteous to you, and I really don't think I deserved that, on your way to Christie's or not. So I have another function to suggest to you.

It's called the apology function. Use it, and we can remain on civil terms if not friends.

Thanks everyone I really feel that I well and truly scared the bajaysus out of myself enough!
Im very serious now about continuing on my milky trail! My provider didn't seem too worried about my mishap, just my bmi and Im determined that I'll have it down to what they want for Saturday. No more messing around, I've had 24 YEARS of that! Took a few before pics last night before bed, EEK i shall have them plastered all over my fridge!!
It's funny cos it's not even that I found the milk diet particularly hellish, I genuinely don't know what came over me!
Well I've put that behind me now and Im eager to plod on to a healthier, happier life.

Thanks all so so much, you've no idea how much it meant!x x

As I said Karlos; I was making light of something you once said. I didn't mean it to come across as rude, whereas you definitely did.

As to my weightloss; I had a lot less to lose than you; starting off at 200lbs; half of your starting weight. Inevitably it would come off slower; but I have every confidence in my sleeve and its help in my ability to make good food choices. And if I haven't yet reached the point in time to prove I have failed to maintain, how can you say I have a shortfall in success compared to you?

The ignore function is very tempting, my trouble is I get curious to see what I am missing!

I prefer to remain on good terms with people, not to ignore them. Sometimes however, this is impossible. Until now, I have been nothing but courteous to you, and I really don't think I deserved that, on your way to Christie's or not. So I have another function to suggest to you.

It's called the apology function. Use it, and we can remain on civil terms if not friends.

My measure of success was clear I thought and has nothing to do with the amount of weight one has to lose. Post op especially in the first eight to twelve months the surgery all but takes care of it itself. Once you reach a year out and your appetite returns, then its very much down to the patient to use what they have learned and the life changing choices they have made to reach goal and maintain.

I took/take not one scrap of credit for reaching goal, it was the surgeon who did the hard work and deserves to claim the success. However once I reached goal then the rest is down to me, as is maintaining for over two years, that is my measure of success, not losing the weight because my guts were re-routed, anyone can achieve that.

So as you are only nine weeks out the weight you have lost is down to your operation hence I don't see it as your success, reach goal and maintain it and I'll applaud your efforts.

As for you not being rude, its how I saw it and whether you meant it or not is irrelevant that's how I saw it, your post offended me just as you say mine offended you, so no I won't be apologising to you. Ignore me or don't its really inconsequential to me. Now if you wish to continue this then take it to PMs I won't be responding to you on this thread again.

Now if you wish to continue this then take it to PMs I won't be responding to you on this thread again.

Karlos and Ruthie

I for one would really appreciate it if any further discussions were conducted by PM.

Daisyhappy! Im glad you are back on track, good luck with the rest of your pre op x

Good case close!!
Well done for getting back on track. I am sure Saturday will go smoothly and you will have a speedy recovery xxx

Daisy, calm down! There is no such thing as perfection and its highly unlikely that you will have done very much damage to your pre-op diet. Just get straight back on it and be a little kinder to yourself. Of course you must discuss it with your provider and this you have done. Everyone has an opinion, some of them agree and some will disagree, but the only opinions that have any value are yours and your surgeon's.
For what its worth, IMHO, a band doesn't stop you putting things into your mouth, but it stops it going down! This, in itself, puts you off shovelling too much in which makes you become calorie deficient and you lose weight. It works fine and you'll be fine xxx

Thanks miserable, Mrs pill and Scottie. Im feeling so so happy and positive today, stuck rigidly to milk diet yesterday and will until Saturday, my provider is happy to go ahead with op as long as i stick to it now and get my bmi below 45 and as of this morning it's 44.5 :) thrilled!

I know this might sound stupid and like Im making excuses for what i did, Im really not, but in a way it was good to get a glimps of that greedy girl inside me that put food before her health and was willing to possibly throw away a life changing thing for a couple of minutes of stuffing her face.
It's very unattractive and shameful and i think the memory of the guilt and shame will keep her at bay in future!
Thanks everyone and Im sorry that my thread created some turbulence, Im genuinely very grateful for all the helpful responses.
x x x

Don't worry about it, Daisyhappy, I'm not. I'm really glad to read you're back on track. As you said, a glimpse of what you can be like when you let go of the reins is enough to stop you wanting to do that again! Good luck with the rest of your journey luv.

Well dun hun on gettin bk on track also great news on ur bmi :) ull soon be on the looser bench xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Well done on your bmi and great you are back on track

Great news hun! well done :D Hope the op goes well, good luck

Back