• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What have I done?

Daisyhappy!

I honestly feel i don't even deserve this band now!
Having it done in 5 days time, paid in full and I've made a huge mistake!
It's my boyfriends birthday and I've been doing fine on my milk diet but got home from work to find a big birthday cake his mam brought over in our fridge, I've had two big slices and as if that wasn't bad enough I've had a slice of pizza. Can you actually get any worse than that?
What am i doing even getting this band if this is how i am, clearly no real willpower.
Should i call and say it's probably not for me, Im not strong enough? Im so upset and so ashamed!

Oh dear I dont know what to say really hun, you obvioulsy feel bad enough about it.

You still have 5 days to get back on track, the milk diet is very harsh but it does prepare you for post op when on liquids only as well as shrinking the liver.

Dont throw the towel in just yet, have a think about why you are doing this xx

I'm the same as mazza. Sorry i don't really know wot to say u clearly are disappointed in urself for wot u have done. I'm also on the milk diet on day 7 it is hard! If it were me I wud maybe ring the hospital and fess up to wot I have done just because I wud be worried it may cause complications in the surgery. I'm sure someone on here has been through this and will come along and help u soon xxxx

Thanks guys i hope someone can tell me have i really messed up enough to haven stop the op. Oh i feel miserable Im so let down with myself i thought this would be it. What possessed me i don't know!
I really really want this band to work and i want to work with it but I've seriously lost faith in myself now.

Thanks guys i hope someone can tell me have i really messed up enough to haven stop the op. Oh i feel miserable Im so let down with myself i thought this would be it. What possessed me i don't know!
I really really want this band to work and i want to work with it but I've seriously lost faith in myself now.
well honey, i dont know about you, but i seem to have a self destruct button. I tend to sabotage anything that goes right for me, maybe its that. Phone your team and tell them. You are obviously very contrite, im sure you will be able to go ahead with it, good luck sweet, its just another hill to climb :) xxx

definitely think you should tell them, if only for your own peace of mind. You need to recognise that you are probably quite stressed right now. For most people on this forum our automatic response to stress is to reach for food so we can get ourselves a seratonin hit to calm the nerves. Its not a self destruct, although it feels like it; recognising the stress and dealing with it in other happy relaxing ways might help you stay on track these last five days. Also as Mazza has said, make sure you want the op and are having the op you want!

If I was Karlos I'd be telling you that you're a plonker, but I'm not. You're human, but five days before your op isn't the best time to let go of the reins. Have a good hard think about why you're doing this op and how much you want it to work. 'fess up to your hospital group, and promise to be a good girl and mean it!

Good luck Hun x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Right, I've sent an email to the woman in charge of banders, this way she'll get it in the morning and i can't back out of telling her. I told her exactly what I ate too.
Oh god i really really do want this i don't know what came over me, i feel like I've been so tightly wound the past week or so i don't really know how i feel.
I really do want the op oh i wish i had a reason for doing it, i need this!

If I was Karlos I'd be telling you that you're a plonker, but I'm not. You're human, but five days before your op isn't the best time to let go of the reins. Have a good hard think about why you're doing this op and how much you want it to work. 'fess up to your hospital group, and promise to be a good girl and mean it!

And if I were you I'd be talking out of my backside but I'm not you, and no you're most definitely not me so please refrain from putting my words in your mouth. If you've got something to say then say it don't try to give it credence by using my success and experience at WLS to cover your current shortfall on both levels.

To the OP I'd seriously ask if you are ready for this surgery, or if it's right for your eating habits. The band is the most difficult type of surgery to be successful with where willpower is questionable. If you cannot control yourself on a two week pre op diet that is so vital to the outcome of your investment, then how will you control your eating patterns post op with a band.

You're paying for your op so I'm sure they will go ahead or if not it will only be postponed for a short time, whether you deserve it is up to you, its your money spend it how you like. Whether you'll be throwing several thousands of pounds down the drain is entirely up to you.

Good luck

Thanks everyone for the replies and honest answers i really appreciate them.
Im a little shocked at the above answer, I think it's very aggressive and rude towards Ruthiep Im sure she meant NO harm. I was always a big fan of minimins and found it very supportive but I didn't realise things could get so nasty around here.

Last edited:
Daisy let's be hounest you did mess up but you no what we are all human if we all had the amazing will power needed we probably wouldn't be on this site in the first place
What Now is important is that you learn from your setback and move on but you must not slip up again before your op and yes never be in any doubt that you deserve this
Mostly this is a very friendly site there's generally only one person on here who feels they have the right to be so self righteous and tell people how it is with out taking people's feelings in to account but you no what goes around comes around and karmas a *****

Jonny thanks for that, your right i do deserve it i know i do Im actually just so shocked at myself for doing that last night. I managed 6 months straight on Lipotrim without breaking out like that, dunno what came over me.
I told my provider and she said if my bmi is below 45 they'll do the op if not it'll have to be put back, at the moment Im just slightly over Eek!
Will walk my ar*e off every evening and stick so rigidly to this milky goodness!
Thanks again, I know it's a good place around here and I welcome differences of opinions etc but personal attacks and general aggressive rudeness, i cannot stand!

Whats your BMI at the minute hun? Good luck

I'm sure ull be ok hun just stick wiv ya milk n ull get there :) I'm pre op so haven't experienced how hard it is but read many threads sayin thats the hardest part of the journey :) x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

jonnywin said:
Daisy let's be hounest you did mess up but you no what we are all human if we all had the amazing will power needed we probably wouldn't be on this site in the first place
What Now is important is that you learn from your setback and move on but you must not slip up again before your op and yes never be in any doubt that you deserve this
Mostly this is a very friendly site there's generally only one person on here who feels they have the right to be so self righteous and tell people how it is with out taking people's feelings in to account but you no what goes around comes around and karmas a *****
Good point, we are all human and if we didn't struggle with our weight we wouldn't be having surgery.

Good luck Daisy!

Back