• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help I cant stop eating!

Jinjanut

Hi all! I hope you are all safe and well with this craziness going on out in the UK at the moment.

I wondered if anyone could help me. This last week - I can't seem to stop eating. Not huge amounts but I seem to be hungry an hour after eating. I am eating much more than normal - not bad stuff fish, salads, protein bars. But this is not normal for me. I can normally have 3 protein rich meals a day and babybels as snacks.

Maybe I'm not drinking enough water? I am going through a difficult time in my marriage - maybe it's that??

I am happy with my weight loss, I feel great only have to lose 1/2 stone from my stomach now.

So today I had:
breakfast
M&S packet of flaked salmon

Lunch
M&S Mexican chicken pieces

Dinner
Salmon with feta and salad

Snack
1 protein bar

Now I want to eat the other portion of salmon and salad I have saved for tomorrow!

Xxx

id def put it down to stress if your having a few marital problems....only other thing i would say is could you be pregnant?

at least its healthy stuff your reaching for!
good luck with sorting your problems out and i hope that solves your eating issues x

Hi Jinja, sorry to hear you're having a stressful time at the moment. For a lot of people, comfort or stress eating is more of a problem than they realised, and it can be really hard to deal with. CBT is one of the best tools if you can access it (there are some free online CBT tools and programmes). Alternatively distraction and drinking help, not the alcohol kind, just a good old pint of water or squash, or distracting yourself with a hobby like reading, jigsaws, knitting etc.

But the best thing? Solve the stress! X

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Thanks Shel. Decided to get a divorce! So hopefully will keep me busy. I know I really should drink more water. Also getting my sis to drag me to the gym. Need to stop feeling sorry for myself! Thank you for the support as always xxx

Sorry to hear it's come to that. Tez is my second husband, I didn't think I'd ever re-marry after the first disaster but I'm so happy with him.

It's great your sister is supportive, makes a big difference!

That's good to hear. It's one thing I am worried about. Going backup dating eventually gulp! What part of the country do you live in x

Oh Jin, you and me both love, I do feel for you. How is your eating and drinking going now? I feel I am eating sloppy ploppy for England, but have been told that is OK as they are slider foods which is why I don't feel full. Hope you are OK.

I never really did date the first time round, married my first boyfriend. I am going to be a spinster of the parish.

I'm sure neither of you will be spinsters! Look at Carole (HopelessCase), she chose not to date after her son was born, and only started after she reached her goal weight and her son was over 18! She's kissed a few frogs but has now met a lovely man and is very happy.

Jinj, I'm near Chester/Liverpool.

Ha maybe Shel! This is the best thing I have done for myself. I feel amazing and get to talk to do many nice people on here. Hopefully my prince will be soon I have kissed way too many frogs already! :)

How is your eating and drinking going now you have made your decision? I am ringing the divorce solicitors tomorrow morning.

It seems a bit better but when I am alone and pondering I graze. Fortunately it's healthy stuff I graze on. Good luck seeing the solicitors xx

That is the problem being alone. I have found myself picking a bit too. Heading for the philly light or humus, and sticking my finger in. I have got to break that habit too. Good thing I haven't fancied anything sweet since the op.

Divorce is started here too... Sad but necessary :sigh:

Re reading I had to laugh, I was in the hallway sorting out, and there was a blooming big toad sitting on my walking boots. UGH - I am still left with the toads - I have yet to move onto the frogs! LOL

Back