• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

help i,m terrified

holliepop

could someone please explain what the anasthetic is like my op is so close and i,m absolutely terrified x

Its a doddle they put an injection in the back of your hand and you start to drift off the next thing you know you aqre waking up but feel very sleepy then you are back on the ward, all there is too it. Everyon eis frightened think its just the concept of not being in control. xx

Its a doddle they put an injection in the back of your hand and you start to drift off the next thing you know you aqre waking up but feel very sleepy then you are back on the ward, all there is too it. Everyon eis frightened think its just the concept of not being in control. xx

i think thats it i hate not being in control does it feel like hours your under x

Well its part of the course to have the surgery we have to be put to sleep. No way round it. xx

They are very good they talk to you and put you at ease. They really are lovely not to worry, let it happen an dit will be fine x

They are very good they talk to you and put you at ease. They really are lovely not to worry, let it happen an dit will be fine x

yeah i,m sure i,m just being silly i,m 41 years old but when it comes to things like this i shrink down to a 5 year old i,m the same with the dentist lol x

yeah i,m sure i,m just being silly i,m 41 years old but when it comes to things like this i shrink down to a 5 year old i,m the same with the dentist lol x

I'm 46 and its no easier i am the same i am due for a check up at dentist shortly, i hate it with a passion i too am a big softy, the anaesthetic was easier than the dentist i thought, everyone was just so nice, i just thought well this is it this is what i'v been waiting for the sooner i goto sleep the sooner i'b sorted, n that was it i woke up n it was all done. xx;)

I cant even remember feeling drousy I remember talking away to them getting the needle in my hand then waking up and saying 'Im alive!' and someone behind me or round that way a male laughing and saying course your alive then shortly after I was taken bk up to the ward. You will be fine the hospital will help put your mind at ease x

Sent from my GT-I9000 using WLSurgery

I was terrified too to the point that I didn't think I could go through with it :cry: but I was told to have a talk the anaesthetist which I did & he reassured me so much. The mask was my problem, I could not bear the thought of having my face covered but in the end all I had was a small needle in the back of my hand & didn't know anything else until I woke up ... turned out to be a non event :) You will be fine too, honey xxx

yeah i know i wish you could get it done awake tho lol x

I've had wrist surgery twice and been awake both times - I wish I'd been asleep!

There's nothing worse than the surgeon chatting away to you during the op and then standing up for you to see that he's absolutely covered in your blood.

Its totally understandable to worry about the anaesthetic! That's my biggest fear and I've wrote letters to my kids etc (just in case) but try not to think about it and you'll be waking up in recovery before you know it x

I was terrified too to the point that I didn't think I could go through with it :cry: but I was told to have a talk the anaesthetist which I did & he reassured me so much. The mask was my problem, I could not bear the thought of having my face covered but in the end all I had was a small needle in the back of my hand & didn't know anything else until I woke up ... turned out to be a non event :) You will be fine too, honey xxx

i carnt have a mask on my face did it feel like you were under ages or did it not seem long x

Not had surgery yet but had my wisdom teeth out in November 11. It was the nicest sleep I have ever had, I was so tired from worrying I was ready for a sleep. I would have it without a worry now! Best of luck, and enjoy the feeling of going to sleep, I really liked it!!!

It just feels like you've gone to sleep and they are waking you up again, it feels like minutes. I have had quite a few big ops and I'm more scared of the dentist than having my bypass! You will be fine :)

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

The best part of the op... Anaethatist asked if I wanted anything and i said a g& t !! He said fine and I knew nothing else till I woke up on the ward....

Xx

Back