• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

HELP....I think im too tight!

Tamgredan

wanna be happy!
Ive tried to call my provider but no answer as yet.

Went for a fill today and now got 6.75ml in a 9ml band. Whilst i was there she took out all fluid and removed some 'excess air'.
I sipped some water and all was fine.
About 1 hour later as i was on my way home on the train, i began frothing and salivating really bad. I had to get off the train at the next stop to be sick.
This has continued for the past 2 hours with no sign of letting up.
Ive not tried any water as it appears i can even keep my saliva down.
Has anybody else been through this and what did you do until you could get a defill?

Thanks in advance!

ive tried riniging it but no answer yet. not likely to get a defill in the next 24 hours so just looking for advice on what to do. Now got hiccups and still salivating really bad. :-(

This happened to me with my last fill, I ended up going back the next day for a teeny defill which has made a lot of difference.
When we're stressed or sick our band tightens so please try to relax (which I know is really hard as it's so awful), try a hot shower and an early night.
Take care Tam and I hope things improve for you soon or you can get a defill sharpish xx

Oh dear, you poor thing!

Trying to ring the number will probably be making you more stressed, its not a very good emergency number if no one answers :mad:

Try and relax, have a bath then a sleep. It sounds like your tum has gone into some sort of spasm which is making the band even tighter.

When you start to feel a bit better try sipping slowly until you manage to get hold of your provider.

Take care xx

the sickness seems to be calming down but only a bit....ive got nothing else to come up now!
Chest is also feeling quite tight.
Im going to try and sleep and see how i am tomorrow.
Thanks all xx

wishing you well Tam xxx

Yeah..take care Tam. Every banders nightmare. Xx big hugs x

Wishing u well tam x

Hope you soon feel better, honey. If not & you can't sleep, a bath should help. Mr Ackroyd did my bypass & it was NHS but if you have no joy getting through on the tel numbers you have, I will PM you my contacts who I know would offer you advice whether private or not. PM me if you want them ... Hope you soon feel better, though xxx :wave_cry:

How u feeling this morning Tam?

hi tam, I had a fill on Monday 6.75ml in a 10ml and was exactly the same. On the way home had to stop the car three times. By the time I got home I felt loads better. The next day the morning was a bit tough but rest of the day fine. 5 days on I'm ok. Still do struggle a bit in the mornings but then absolutely fine. Good Luck

Well it go soooo bad last night that i went to a&e. No surprise really that they could not help me but they did try. They called the calremont in sheffield where i had the op and also contacted roger ackroyd my surgeon for advice....but they didnt have the special needles required to defill...so i was sent away! :-(

This morning, my fantasic hubby took the morning off work and took me to bradford (2 hours away) to see my provider who quickly whipped out 0.5ml and not im fine :)

Warning to all.......when you go for you fills make sure you wait at least 30 minutes before leaving and make sure you can 'comfortably' get water down. Its no fun what i have been through and all that extra hastle and cost incured with getting it sorted.

Thanks for all your help xx

Back