• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

HELP! ice cream lover

sukies

Now that summer or should i say the nice weather is here are there any alternatives to ice creams or how easy is ice cream to make? any recipes plzzz...i love ice cream:icecream:

I too love ice-cream or should I say used to because since having my bypass I just can't stomach it. Have you tried ice-cream yet because you may find that it is just too sweet for you and it will make you dump.

What about trying sorbet??

I recently tried diabetic ice cream and that was fine. When on slimming world prior to op I used t freeze a muiller light yoghurt for couple of hours, if u stir it through it does go of an ice cream consistency and is very tasty, just a thought hope this helps x

Try franks diabetic ice-cream. It's lovely!

I also buy myself freedom frozen desserts. They are dairy free but taste lush! They appeared on dragons den last year. They come in different flavours too. I got the strawberry one on offer in sainsburys the other day.

Perhaps you could make protein shakes up in a jug blender with tonnes of ice? I do this with slimfast (bander) and due to the extra added ice ( - about a dozen cubes at least) it comes out thick like a macdonalds shake and sometimes thick enough to have with a spoon.
I expect it would work with protein shakes in the same manner x

tesco low fat ice cream fab and has had no dumping effect on me what so ever had a couple of tea spoon fulls this afternoon in the sun

I initially had the Franks diabetic ice cream from Tesco's mentioned earlier. Its lovely. I did miss being able to have an ice cream when out, so i tentatively road tested 'normal' ice creams, setting off having a couple of teaspoons and working my way up (i'm a bit of a wuss and i'm frightened of dumping) and i can actually manage one scoop of normal ice cream. Everyone is different though and some people might dump on the same amount. I love frozen yoghurt, but sometimes its nice to have a treat (although i know not everyone agrees with this lol !)

i find bbc food good and just swap real sugar for splenda. Dip your finger in as adding it so you get a good flavour.

Jo
xx

Louise1 said:
Have you tried freezing a banana? Sounds bizarre but it's actually nice.
Another is to whizz together muller light & sugar free jelly to form a mousse then freeze for a little while..
xx

They do frozen bananas on sticks at Disney in Florida and are covered in chocolate and nuts. Yummy. They always look a bit rude to eat though!!!!!

I am very partial to solero's low in calories though not sure about fats... I'm sure you could find the nutritional values on the Wall's site or somewhere... alternatively i'll have one tomorrow and save the wrapper :)

Oooh how about twisters? Ice lolly and ice cream in one hit? Yummmmm x

Back