• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

i want a ice lollie!!!!!

yes and as long as you have them in moderation and do eat a sensible balanced diet i carnt see nothing wrong, a little bit of what you fancy does you good. xxxx

lyndajoan said:
yes and as long as you have them in moderation and do eat a sensible balanced diet i carnt see nothing wrong, a little bit of what you fancy does you good. xxxx

At the moment 13 weeks post op, I am stuck on yogurt and soups due to complications, but as they melt in your mouth I thought about trying them . X

Not that far post op yet so worried about trying something like crisps or icecream because I might dump (and I'm pleased with that for now) but the whole moderation thing is true - especially if you have the willpower to stop.

In relation to the ice lolly theme - I had a frozen fat free yogurt at Bluewater not far post op. It was bliss! frozen fruit of your choice blended with the yogurt and then through a machine like a 'Mr Whippy' ice cream ........ worth a trip to Bluewater just for that!

I ate watsits during my pureed stage as pureed food made me feel sick just looking at it and I was so fed up with yogurt and weren't allowed potato it was savory and very nice. I fancied ice-cream but was collared for saying it so put it off until I finally did buy a snack cup of carte dor light and now I've had it I don't fancy it anymore I haven't since I had it a month ago. I also ocassionally have diet coke because I absolutely can not drink juice, nas squash, milk is iffy, and I hate the taste of water and a person can only drink so many cups of coffee and tea before they want to throw their cup lol...I do have protein shakes but I have to be careful as it sometimes makes me feel quite sick if I drink too often. I eat chips (3 or 4 usually is plenty) and I still lose weight quite nicely. I think we need to eat as much like normal eaters as possible...for me it's not very possible as Oscar (my grouchy pouch) has limited me to mostly veg, fruit, prawns, sausage, bacon and ocassionally eggs...I can't eat many other things so I sometimes have a treat (if I can tolerate it). You and everyone else are positively normal don't worry:)
lots of love

I bought some diabetic ice cream from morrisons actually tasted pretty delicious.I gave some to my mum and she could not tell the difference. Or i get the supermarkets own version on angel delight which is no added sugar and just have a little bit of that when i get the feeling i want something sweet

Back