• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help I'm scared!

I would stick to the slimfasts as much as possible as people are used to seeing them and what meals are you likly to have to "share"

do you know the menues? if not can you just stick to salads and fruits and if you have to a soup starter? stick to under 1000 cals a day and you should be ok xxx

Hi there

I am on day 4 of the pre op diet and it was my 40th today!
slimfast bar with one candle in from my darling daughters...flowers etc
Bravely gave them some chocs that were sent to me...so I didnt eat them....
Had a great day...

finding it hard to make the full 1000 cals...DONT SHOOT ME!

I get to super time and dont want the last shake of the day or the pretzle things...so for the past two days I have had 748 cals and 678 cals today.....is that bad???????

even if I dont want the shake should I force myself...seems daft asking...perhaps I am very odd...or perhaps my whole body has one into a realisation its time is up and the new life has begun...bypass in 9 days.......

anyone else feeling the same....Mazza how are you doing your a few days infront of me...

Any ideas......

Juni

juni, i do know what you mean about your body's realisation im on day 6 of only soup and jelly but feel the same i have only had one soup today and lots to drink and am just not feeling hungry, so much so i was worrying if i went and ate something in my sleep!! good luck with the rest of your diet x

mazza you wont mess it up you will be fine x

Thankyou halve me...I am not going mad...
I just began to worry it wasnt normal....if you call the pre op diet normal...

heres to another day ....off to see the pre-op team tomorrow at York meet them do the tests they wanna do before the big day in 9 days!

have a great day

Juni

I am struggling too, with getting the 1000 a day in.

Yesterday I have 3 shakes, 1 Yoghurt, a banana, apple and slim a soup. I had the last shake before bed as I though I best have more calories.

Hi there
Its odd int it we think that the 1000 cals is low till we try the diet and I must say at first it was awful...boring...but now its that feeling of full which I am not use to at all
I had yesterday
shake for breakfast 211 calls
soup for lunch 87 cals -weight watchers
Smoothie for tea time 204
and an apple..... and felt full......

so didnt have the snack bars or last shake before bed....

perhaps body getting prepared....TOM was due on 30th April and it came early oday ...I think my body is getting prepared before my head is..hahahahaha

keep going sunshine!

we will be having our operation on the sam day at other ens of the country ...how cool

I will be in York....

Juni

Hi Juni, soontobethinsue and halveme

I did ok!

I had a shake on the train to London, then during the conference and for lunch just ate fruit!

Just had a soup and now drinking some water, feel very proud of myself!

Now what you all mean about not feeling like eating all 1,000 calories!

How are you all doing?

x

well done mazza! you should be very proud!! not doing too bad but i am envying you all having a 1000 cals a day as only being on clear soups and jelly my dietician told me i would be lucky to hit 400cals a day!!! anyhow im doing ok on it and am going for my second pre-op tomorrow like juni, to see if i have lost enough weight on the pre-op for them to know im sticking to it !!! i will say i have got close to 'normal' foods over the past few days and wanted to lick them! anyone else???
are you all packed yet mazza? nearly here!! good luck soontobethinsue and juni also x

Oh no not packed yet! will probably get round to it Thursday night, going to the hospital fri morning for my bloods then staying in a local hotel overnight!

Hi there everyone

I had shake for breakfast soup for lunch and smoothie [half of one]for tea...not too fussed.....odd as go back 4 days and I was able to manage the whole 1000 cals and some!

I hope this means my brain is easy to re configure...as such...asit seems I now have a full trigger.......

Good luck to you all...mazza keep it up...we seem to have the best diet...halve me...keep going....you will get there
and to be fair can not wait to LEAP on the scales tomorrow......

I think I have lost 4 kilo my scales say so...but they may lie.....

night all........I HAVE STOPPED DREAMING OF FOOD! NOW ITS CLOTHES AND THINGS I WILL BE ABLE TO DO AGAIN...YIPEEEEEE

Hi all...just had my pre op meeting...bloods,ECG,urine, Med History and weight....lost 6.4 kilos....since they last weighed me in Jan 09....
I got told off for having less than 1000 cals....said I had to try to have them by perhaps adding a weightwatchers meal if I didnt like the shakes...it wasnt the shakes its a volume thing..finally my brain was saying my tummy was full......

All set for the operation in a weeks time...

Take care all

Juni

Hi everyone

Juni - glad your pre op went well!

Did ok today as well, had a salad for dinner with plain fish at the conference - plus the usual shakes lol.

Two more days ;) :cry::D my emotions! lol

well done juni!!! and you too mazza! im also been very emotional also!!:cry::cry: i went for my second pre-op today and was told i had only lost 9.7lbs :cry: they were supportive but my scales (which DONT lie!!!) say ive lost 15lbs since first day of pre-op so im happy!!

good luck for the next couple of days girls we are nearly there! x

Well my scales are telling me I have lost a big fat zero! :mad: :sigh:

Never mind its all about shrinking that liver!

exactly you are right and im sure yours will have done, my nurse today said i should have the runs to clear my bowel as that shows the liver is reducing??

Back