• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

mini panic......what if?

julia in bath

Hi, hope you can help put my mind at rest!!

just looked through my bariatric teams website and it says if you carry MRSA the band is not suitable for you due to the chance of infection.
After my breast reduction 12 years ago I had an infection in my wounds. Non of the hospital staff tol me anything but a friend of mine who was nursing at the time said she thought I had had MRSA. Now i'm panicing in case my swabs come back positive for MRSA and they tell me I can't have surgery.
HELP!!!!!!!

I know nothing about this but didnt want to read and run, I am sure that you would have been told you had contracted MRSA by your doctors or team 12 years ago. Your friend (sorry if this sound horrid) might have just been "saying it" I woudl not worry untill the results come back and I am sure if they do there will be a way around it so try not to worry too much xxx

I now when I was tested at my hospital they said if the swab came back positive they give you a course of antibiotics and special cream to apply and when it is cleared up you can then have the op. HTH

oh ok, thanks for that. I just saw it on the website and thought OMG NOOOO!!!!!!!!!
It says MRSA under a heading 'when gastric banding may not be right for you' or something like that.

Hello

someone i know contracted mrsa and they still did the band on her...........think that was about 4 years after they had it ....will defo confirm and get back to you .

All the best - mejulie x x

Hi, hope you can help put my mind at rest!!

just looked through my bariatric teams website and it says if you carry MRSA the band is not suitable for you due to the chance of infection.
After my breast reduction 12 years ago I had an infection in my wounds. Non of the hospital staff tol me anything but a friend of mine who was nursing at the time said she thought I had had MRSA. Now i'm panicing in case my swabs come back positive for MRSA and they tell me I can't have surgery.
HELP!!!!!!!

hi julia i had my 1st band 4 years ago, after my op i contracted MRSA, i had my second band no problems after having mrsa the 1st time, if you do test positive, they give me nasal cream to apply for 7 days before the op and hibi scrub to wash in, dont worry it should be ok. i had 2 ops since i had mrsa 1 was my second band and the other was my t/tuck.

liz x

thank goodness for that thanks guys. I have had several ops since then but noones ever tested me for MRSA. it was only because of what it said on the website got me worried

Back