• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

help needed from fellow gym bunnies

daftmoo

I've been going to the gym 3 times a week burning off an average 500cals a time. Had my review there today and have stayed the same for a month, the instructor says I'm not eating enough with burning off so many calories and i need to up my carbs and eat 5 times a day instead of the 3 times I'm doing at the mo.
Does this sound right to you?
Can your body really go into starvation mode and stop you losing weight?
I normally have 1200-1400 cals a day then burn off 500ish 3 times a week.
What shall I do?

I'm a believer in eating 5-6 times a day instead of 3. Why not give it a try for a week or two and see what happens? Sometimes a change is good for kick starting losses again.

Are you measuring inch loss? You could be building muscle but still burning fat which would show as little or no weight loss but some inch loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

I was nearly exactly as you. I'm not sure this will help you, but this is what I done and I've lost 4lbs this week after a 5 week stall.

Firstly at the gym I usually do 10 mins warm up then 30 mins on 1 machine and then 10 mins weights. I dropped the weights and instead I did 15 mins double intensity so instead level 1 i actually set it to 15 on bike, 11 on treadmil ect.. so I did 3 machines for 15 mins and then 1000m rowing. I am not qualified in anyway shape or form lol, but my friend gave me the advise about the gym, and it seems to be working for me to kick me out the dreaded plateau.

Secondly I have started the 5 day pouch test, which may help you too

:)

I do 15mins on treadmill at 5mins 3.5% incline speed 6, then 5min jog 1% incline speed 8, then back to 3.5 and speed 6 for last 5 mins
10 mins on hand bike
15 mins bike level 6 (have to watch my hips)
10 mins on rower usually about 1600m
10 mins on cross trainer
15 mins back on treadmill 6% incline at speed 6
Today at my review she has added some weights for inner thighs, upper arms, back and belly

Back