• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

HELP please whats the best tablets and all the rest will I need .

Right now all you have to do is start taking a multivitamin - I use Sanatogen A-Z Gold - one a day. I also take Silica 2500 extra strength in the hopes that my hair will stay on my head and so far so good. Started these 1 month pre op.

Everything else comes post surgery - your hospital will write to your GP and you will be prescribed liquid iron which you can swop to tablet form 8 weeks post surgery, calcium d chewable tablets and a 3 monthly vitamin b12 shot.

Margaret - I was told not to worry for a while about vitimins, my consultant sent a referal letter to my GP post my op and he'd detailed what he wanted me to take for given periods of time, my GP wrote a script for the reguired vits and has done on repeat prescription ever since !
Dont worry about it all for now, your body have millions of excess calories to survive on for a while ;)

A lot of people believe Biotin may help with hair loss.

Zinc and selenium which are combined pills, or kelp will all help prevent hair loss, but no guarantees. Just have a healthy diet till your doc puts you on the recommended vits and minerals.

Worry about hair loss when and if it happens, get you op out of the way, stop worrying about vitimin suppliments right now and just focus on getting through the pre op diet and your operation....... everything else will flow along as and when !

Worry about hair loss when and if it happens, get you op out of the way, stop worrying about vitimin suppliments right now and just focus on getting through the pre op diet and your operation....... everything else will flow along as and when !

I agree with trying not to worry too much pre-op but I'm afraid I have to disagree with you about getting those vitamins and minerals in before the operation.

You need to make sure your body is as well and as strong as it possibly can be, so that means ensuring that you do have the right vitamins and minerals in. You can also aid your anaethestist by losing a little weight (that means less anaesthetic) and strengthening your lungs a little (walking should help this).

I certainly wouldn't worry about your hair right now, thats only a temporary glitch, if it does start to fall out, its normally pretty even (not big bald patches) and it does grow back in time.

I get my vits from Tesco's. Double dose the childrens vits from the well being range. They are by far the cheapest and when cross checked with the doctor they have everything you need in.. Also at the moment you get three large tubs for the price of two making them even cheaper.

Back